Whiz Around this Classic Landmark.
The Whizzer has a lot of historic recognition. This classic family-friendly coaster opened with the park’s premiere in 1976. Since then, it has become a guest favorite for all ages. As an ACE Coaster Landmark, The Whizzer is honored it for its unique history and exceptional preservation. It was one of the last “Speedracer” coaster models ever built.
You’ll load two-by-two into the train car and prepare for a classic steel adventure. An electric motor begins pushing your car to the top of a 70-foot spiral lift hill. At the top of the peak, the train disengages from the electric rail and gravity takes over, pushing your car around 3,100 feet of twists, turns, and drops at 45 miles per hour. You’ll cruise through a scenic wooded area, hugging the track as you fly inches away from the foliage and pond on the ground. You’ll whiz through a few more spirals, zip around steep curved turns, and dash down more dips before gravity returns you to the station.
Fun Facts about Whizzer
- Whizzer opened with the park in 1976
- Whizzer is often younger thrill-seekers' first roller coaster
- This ride features a seven story drop
- Originally named "Willard's Whizzer" after the former park owner Willard Marriott
- Whizzer is one of two speed racer coasters left in the world
- In 2012, the American Coaster Enthusiasts presented the Landmark award for Whizzer
- In 2002, the park had a good bye party for the Whizzer but after push back from guests and enthusiasts, decided to keep the historical ride
After the reactor core directly next to Whizzer exploded, strange things began to happen to the lake behind it.
It became a massive site filled with decay and it gives off a smell that attracts only the most foul and disgusting creatures. Now it has become a place where corrupt businesses dump the toxic waste that they hide from the government.
When you dare to experience this twisting coaster you are entering into a danger zone. With toxic fumes all around and the inhabitants of the town who just are not the same since the accident you take a winding track up high above the lake. Be alert and on the lookout as you zip and jet through wooded areas and dip low near the affected lake.
The inhabitants of the town, shells of their former selves, have taken to making the town their own…
Minimum height for this ride is 36″ with an adult and 42″ alone.
By The Numbers
What do you think?
Closed for the Season