Up in the air, it’s a bird, it’s a plane… it could be you.
Up in the air, it’s a bird, it’s a plane… it could be you. This heroically-proportioned 115-foot tall steel champion is one of the most creative and insanely designed roller coaster you will ever ride. And the best part? You will get to experience the world through SUPERMAN’s eyes.
Step over the threshold of the giant iconic letter S and into the world of stupendous speed and effortless fluidity. The red and gold tracks shoot in front of and behind you just like the blur of SUPERMAN’s cape, as you travel at sonic speeds. You’ll ride the way SUPERMAN flies – face down and head first. This is the ultimate way to experience the challenge of a legendary coaster element, the pretzel loop! Once you clear the first 115-foot drop, you’ll fly into this totally innovative loop design. You can tell from the name of the pretzel loop that you’ll be more than slightly twisted by this warped track, swooping up dramatically and then diving back toward the ground.
Then, with the grace of SUPERMAN, flying at over 50 miles per hour, you’ll tackle a steep banked turn to the left, navigate through two consecutive high speed horseshoe-shaped curves, plunge into a breathtaking 270-degree helix, and then complete a full 360-degree in-line twist. Good thing you left your kryptonite at home.
There is a sense of total fluidity and control as you maneuver this track. You’re a pro now as you sail head first and face down over the spiraling steel track. You’ll have a wide open view of the world as it blurs past you, while soaring through the air like an adventurous superhero.
Fun Facts about SUPERMAN™: Ultimate Flight
- This ride has one of the first pretzel-shaped inverted loops.
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight was the fourth roller coaster designed by the manufacturers Bolliger and Mabillard for Six Flags Great America.
- It was the 12th roller coaster at Six Flags Great America.
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight simulates flying by positioning its passengers parallel to the track.
- Shockwave formally sat where SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight stands today.
- There are three SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flights at Six Flags Theme Parks.
- In the queue line of SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight, you can hear the SUPERMAN theme song.
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight is classified as a flying coaster.
- Six Flags Great America held an essay contest to “Search for Heroes” for the grand opening of SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight.
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Great America is the only flying coaster in the Midwest.