SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight
Up in the air, it’s a bird, it’s a plane… it could be you. This heroically-proportioned 115-foot tall steel champion is not just one of the most creative and insanely designed roller coaster you will ever ride. More importantly, you will get to experience the world through SUPERMAN’s eyes.
Step over the threshold of the giant iconic letter S, and into the world of stupendous speed and effortless fluidity. The red and gold tracks shoot in front of and behind you just like the blur of SUPERMAN’s cape, as you travel at hyper-sonic speeds most humans have never known. You’ll ride the way Superman flies – face down and head first. This is the ultimate way to experience the challenge of the mind-ripping new legend, the pretzel loop! Once you clear the first 115-foot drop, you’ll fly into this totally innovative loop design, which is really two inversions in one. You can tell from the name of the pretzel loop that you’ll be more than slightly twisted by this warped track, swooping up dramatically and then diving back toward the ground.
Then, with the grace of SUPERMAN, flying at over 50 miles per hour, you’ll tackle a steep banked turn to the left, drop through the pretzel loop again, navigate through two consecutive high speed horseshoe-shaped curves, plunge into a breathtaking 270-degree helix, and then complete a full 360-degree in-line twist. Good thing you left your kryptonite at home.
There is a sense of total fluidity and control as you maneuver this track. You’re a pro now, as you sail head first and face down over the spiraling steel track. You'll have a wide open view of the world as it blurs past you, while soaring through the air like an adventurous super hero.
Fun Facts about SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight
- Has the first pretzel-shaped inverted loop
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight was the fourth roller coaster designed by the manufacturers Bolliger and Mabillard for Great America
- It was the 12th roller coaster at Six Flags Great America
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight simulates flying by positioning its passengers parallel to the track
- Six flags Great America removed Shockwave to put in SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight
- There are three SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flights at Six Flags Theme Parks
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Great America has the longest amount of track at 2,798ft
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight is classified as a flying coaster
- Six Flags Great America held an essay contest to “Search for Heroes” for the grand opening of SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Great America is the only flying coaster in the Midwest.
By The Numbers
What do you think?
WIN PARK TICKETS
ENTER DAILY. INSTANT WIN!