All Aboard for a Timeless Journey.
What’s the classiest way to get around? By train of course! All aboard at Hometown Square for a tranquil train ride around the park. This is the perfect way to start your beautiful day at the park. Hop on the train and see the sights of the park all at once scoping out the best, rides, must eat snacks and Hurricane Harbor! Do a round trip to get you back to the front of the park where you started, or hop off at the County Fair station and take on Goliath or any of the other amazing attractions in County Fair and Yukon Territory.
Your train is departing for a relaxed-pace, scenic, mile-long chug through the neighborhoods. At a mellow pace, your 15-minute circuit around the park will give you plenty of time to enjoy the sights from the wide seats and open cars. It’s a great chance to see all the great rides you’ve been on today, and make a plan for the ones you still haven’t conquered yet.
Feel the breeze on a journey paced slow enough to let you enjoy the sights on the comfy wide-bench seats of the train. Check out the design of the engine car, with a wide grille, classic locomotive wheels, and whistling horn.
Fun Facts about The Great American Scenic Railway
- The Scenic Railway has two stations. The main station in Hometown Square, and the second station in County Fair
- The Scenic Railway has been at Great America since the park opened in 1976
- This ride allows you to see some backstage areas and rides from a different view
- This is one of our most relaxing rides
- This ride last about 15 minutes