Goliath is the most extreme coaster of its kind, providing an adrenaline rush like no other. Elevate up to touch the sky atop the 165-foot lift hill, then whip over the peak and conquer the world’s tallest and steepest heart-racing drop on a wooden roller coaster. Speed to the bottom of this gut-wrenching slope before you even have time to scream. Thunder around surprising curves and outrageous turns; then flip head-over-heels through wild twists. Are you ready to conquer Goliath?
This giant beast features impressive heights, astonishing speeds and stomach-tightening inversions:
Three world records at its debut:
- World’s fastest wooden coaster at 72 mph
- World’s tallest drop for a wooden coaster at 180 feet
- World’s steepest drop for a wooden coaster at a near-vertical 85 degrees
Fun Facts About Goliath
- Goliath broke three world records at its debut.
- The ride was built by Rocky Mountain Construction.
- Goliath has two trains, the red train and the orange train.
- Goliath is located in the County Fair section of the park.
- Iron Wolf was removed to make room for Goliath.
- The ride’s station is the same one that Iron Wolf used.
- Goliath has two inversions, a dive loop and zero-G stall.
- The train makes its way through three overbanked turns during the course of the ride.
- Goliath has the tallest drop of any wooden roller coaster in the world at 180 feet.
- Goliath is a fan favorite at Six Flags Great America!