Effective date: January 1, 2023
- Scope of This Policy
- Your Consent
- Your Choices
- Location Data
- Information We Collect
- Information About Third-Party Cookies
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Employment Applications
- A Note About Children’s Privacy
- Links To Other Websites
- Access to Your Information
- Website Hosting Location
- California Privacy Rights
- Nevada Privacy Rights
- Governing Law
- This Policy May Change
- Questions About This policy
Your ConsentBy using this Site, you are consenting to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information as described in this Policy.
Your ChoicesIn General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Policy describes some of your choices, such as your choice to opt out of receiving “cookies.” We may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information. Do Not Track Mechanisms. California law requires this Policy to address how we respond to any “Do-Not-Track (‘DNT’) signal” delivered by your browser. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor DNT signals. Previously Expressed Preferences. You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. For example, you can opt out of promotional emails we send to you by selecting the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each communication. To change other preferences, please contact us using the information provided below.
Location DataWhen you download the App, we may ask your permission to track your precise, real-time location. If you consent, we may track your location even when you are not using the App. You may change your location-tracking preferences at any time through the settings on your device or through the settings section in the App. Such location-tracking services may be erroneous, inaccurate, incomplete or time-delayed.
Information We CollectInformation You Manually Provide. Six Flags collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, touchpad, or screen) when you use this Site. For example, we collect the information you provide when you communicate with us, purchase tickets, register for a sweepstakes, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal information, such as your name, contact information, photographs, comments, or other content you submit to our Site. Information From Third-Party Social Media Platforms. You may be able to register with, log on to, or enhance your profile on this Site by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter). By doing this, you are asking the third-party platform to send us information, including personal information, from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other information you give to us when you register, log on, or enhance your profile. Information from your browser or device. Six Flags collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. Generally, we use this information in the aggregate to help us improve this Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you. We may also review our server logs for security purposes—for example, to detect intrusions into our network—and we might share our server logs, which contain visitors’ IP addresses, with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify you. Employment Information. Six Flags collects information about employment applicants as further described in the “Employment Applications” section below. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. We use “cookies” and other technologies to collect information and support certain features of this Site. For example, we may use these technologies to:
- collect information about the ways visitors use this Site—which pages you visit, which links you use, and how long you stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of this Site—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits;
- personalize your experience when you use this Site; and
- improve our marketing efforts, including through use of targeted advertising.
Information About Third-Party CookiesIn addition to the cookies Six Flags delivers to your computer or mobile device through this Site, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here. Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on this Site or on other websites. You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Sites. For example, if you don’t want information about your visit to this Site sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to Six Flags. In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to this Site or other websites, please click here. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on this Site do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
How We Use Your InformationGenerally, we use the information we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide Feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to process employment applications, as further described in the “Employment Applications” section below
- for security, law enforcement, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable Privacy Notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.