Take your classroom to new heights!
April 25, 2024
Park Hours: 9am – 5pm
Exclusive Physics Day at Six Flags offer knowledge and fun in one sweet deal. Students will explore math, science and physics by observing (and RIDING) the mechanics of world-class coasters, thrill rides and more. With discount admission, meal packages, workbooks and educational presentations, we’ve got everything you need to inspire the next generation of scientists.
Grab your spot before anyone else. Kick back, relax and take credit for the best field trip ever!
Featuring thrills and fun:
- Interactive Physics Presentations
- Data Collection Apps for download
- Lunch options for students and chaperones
- Exclusive Park Access for maximum learning and thrill rides (private event, not open to the public, season passes not valid on Physics Day)
Launch into Learning
Collecting Data on Theme Park Rides
Six Flags Great America has gone digital! Please come prepared to collect data using updated resources.
There are several different smart phone apps that may help in data collection and analysis while in the park. Suggested apps are Physics Toolbox by Vieyra Software, and another is phyphox by TWTH Aachen University.
Physics Toolbox has a rollercoaster mode built in, and phyphox can create an experiment by combining the altitude and accelerometer sensors. This will only work for phones that have a barometer. Some phones do not have this sensor. If using a smart phone, it must be stored in a secure pocket for the entire duration of the ride. Devices may not be held in hand. Page 28 in the Teacher Workbook has more information on how to use the suggested apps for data collection.
Physics Day Presentations
*Located in the Grand Music Hall in Hometown Square
- 10:30am – Amusement Park Physics
- 12:30pm – Classroom Implementation (teachers only)
- 1:30pm – Engineering Aspects of the Amusement Park