A Magical Merry-Go-Round for the Young and Young at Heart.
Giddy up! For generations, the carousel has been one of the most magical and cherished rides for young and old alike. The Columbia Carousel carries on that very special tradition with 106 beautiful carved ornate chariots, horses, and animals. Choose your favorite and climb onto this classic, slow-moving circular ride. Some horses gently rise up and down, while others stand still for a more stable ride. All are lit up by old fashioned carnival lights and old time music which will transport you to another time.
Everyone who passes through the front gate of Six Flags Great America has seen this iconic merry-go-round, nestled among lush trees and overlooking a pristine reflecting pool. The sculpted gazebo-style structure and intricate artistic detail on the outside is only matched by the two levels, 10 stories, of magic on the inside platform. The double-decker grand carousel holds a treasured place in the hearts of countless visitors to the park. Share the magic and be a part of history on this beautiful attraction. It’s a must-ride ride for couples falling in love, a child’s first amusement park trip, or simply friends galloping around with laughs and good times!
Fun Facts about the Columbia Carousel
- The Columbia Carousel has a twin at the Great America Park in California, they hold the record for the largest carousel.
- There are 16 original oil paintings on the Columbia Carousel which depict America’s history; they were painted by George Gibson.
- The animals are fiberglass reproductions of the most famous products of the old-time carousel carvers.
- There are over 1,000 lights that outline the carousel.
- The Columbia Carousel can hold over 100 riders.
By The Numbers
What do you think?