Dancing, thrills, and big deals!
Six Flags Dance Fest, a non-competitive dance event, is back! Open to all age groups and a variety of performance styles such as ballet tap, jazz novelty step, and pantomimes. Participating in Dance Fest means:
- A day of thrills at Six Flags Great Adventure
- Opportunity to perform on stage at The World’s Ultimate Thrill Park
- Certificate of participation
- Big savings on group tickets and meal vouchers
Join the Show!
Download the order form today, and submit to [email protected] excluding payment information. Once received, a representative will reach out to you to finalize your purchase. Please note, your order is not complete until it is confirmed by a Six Flags representative.
Have questions? Request info below to learn more.
Join The Show!
Download the order form today, and submit to [email protected] excluding payment information. All forms must be submitted by 4/24/22. Once received, a representative will reach out to you to finalize your purchase. Please note, your order is not complete until it is confirmed by a Six Flags representative.
Have questions? Request info below to learn more.Download Order Form
TIME SLOTS / PERFORMANCE SCHEDULES
- 15 minute performance times are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis once payment has been received.
- Payments are non-refundable and used solely to secure your performance time.
- Your allotted 15 minutes includes any delays in between songs.
- Groups are scheduled every 15 minutes with no break in between. Groups that exceed their 15-minute performance time will be told to cut any remaining numbers they have. This is set to ensure we stay on schedule and allow a fair performance time for all groups. We appreciate your assistance in this matter.
- Dance Fest will occasionally run early and studios may be asked to perform before their scheduled time slot to keep the event moving.
- Please have dancers dressed and ready to perform 1 hour prior to their scheduled performance time. Please inform all family and friends to arrive at this time as to not miss your performance.
- Six Flags is not equipped to handle acrobatic or gymnastic routines. Please refrain from incorporating them into your performance.
- No duets, solos or trios.
TICKET PRICING AND INFORMATION
- Six Flags admission is required for dancers and spectators.
- Discounted admission tickets are available for this event.
- Season Pass / Membership Holders do not require an additional ticket to enter the park or perform.
- Showcase Theater is an indoor venue that seats approximately 1,100 guests.
- Stage dimensions are available upon request however can change with the addition or removal of set pieces.
- The floor is covered in black rubber tiles.
- Theater doors open 15 minutes after park opening (please check operating calendar for exact times).
- Please share venue information with all performers and their guests. Please allow at least 1 hour to park, get through our security and ticketing gates and over to Showcase Theater.
PERFORMER CHECK-IN / MEDICAL RELEASE FORMS
- A medical release / liability form must be submitted for each performer. Anyone without a medical release form will not be permitted backstage.
- Check-in is located outside the theater; please have dancers arrive with their medical release forms (do not send in advance).
MUSIC & INTRODUCTION
- Please bring your music on either a CD or mp3 player with appropriate cabling to hook into the sound system. Please bring a backup.
- One person who is familiar with the routine must sit in the sound booth with our sound technician to ensure the performers are ready and the music is being played, paused and stopped in the correct order.
- You will be required to submit a list of dance numbers (and time of each number) prior to your performance day.
- Please have a short introduction neatly written or typed on a separate piece of paper.
COSTUMES AND PROPS
- No costumes or shoe changes are permitted during your performance. This is to ensure groups stay within their allotted performance time.
- Six Flags recommends that you keep costumes to a minimum (i.e. studio shirts and leotards).
- Props are DISCOURAGED. All props must be cleared through our Security Department prior to your performance day. Any props that have not been pre-approved may lead to delays in your entrance experience.
- Dressing rooms are NOT available; there are bathroom facilities next to Showcase Theater.
- Six Flags is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Rental lockers are available inside of the park and outside of the main entrance.