This state-of-the-art water attraction features a custom-designed inline raft and utilizes new water jet propulsion technology for lightning-fast uphill speeds and adrenaline-pumping drops.
“This ride is unlike any water coaster in Texas or the U.S.,” said Park President Jeffrey Siebert. “Over the last few years, we’ve debuted a number of ’world’s first’ coasters, solidifying our position as the premier destination for thrills in South Texas. Thunder Rapids is the perfect complement to the other offerings in our huge water park—combining the attributes of a roller coaster and water slide in one amazing attraction.”
Thunder Rapids features:
- Five gravity-defying uphill blasts;
- Four spiraling flying saucer turns;
- One breathtaking enclosed dive turn;
- A specially designed moving loading station;
- A huge ride-up lift; and
- An incredible 942-ft. long and 3-story-tall structure.
- New Water Jet Propulsion – guests will experience lightning-fast uphill speeds and adrenaline pumping drops.
The ride also features an advanced loading system that allows guests to quickly and easily board their water ride vehicle at ground level from a moving station. Guests then ride up the lift hill to the top of the slide – eliminating the need to carry tubes.