Park’s 38th Season Begins May 7 With Beautification Initiatives and Additional Park Enhancements
Marietta, GA — May 2, 2022 — Six Flags White Water , the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park, opens for its 38th season this Saturday, May 7. The upcoming season launches with an all-new water slide, Python Plunge, as well as, notable enhancements including over 1,000 gallons of fresh paint, improved landscaping, new food and retail offerings plus upgrades to in-park technology.
“As the weather starts to warm up, our team is busy preparing for an exciting season of new thrills, fun memories with a primary focus on elevating the guest experience” said General Manager Greg Fuller. “We are excited for our guests to enjoy our newest water slide, Python Plunge, on Opening Day and even more thrilled to showcase our marked park improvements.”
NEW FOR 2022 – Python Plunge Opens May 7
Python Plunge, a fast-paced, two-person water slide featuring multiple swirling discs and adrenaline-pumping drops, debuts this Saturday, May 7. Python Plunge snakes its way through the park’s beautiful, natural landscape, and gives guests a thrilling journey down the hill to the splashdown below, featuring:
- Plummeting drop-and-dive sensations from five stories high;
- More than 500 feet of slithering thrills;
- Four open, steep angled saucer bowls;
- Custom designed two-person inline rafts;
- A bright, multi-colored exterior; and
- Maximum curving speed through a gravity-defying, partially enclosed, coiled slide.
Additional Water Park Enhancements
- NEW FOR 2022: Treasure & Treats – Located next to Granny’s Funnel Cakes on Main Street, Treasure & Treats is a one stop shop for novelty ice cream, bottled drinks and water park themed apparel and toys;
- Over 1,000 Gallons of New Paint – This season, all 24 park structures have been freshly painted and will debut a new, vibrant color scheme. Over 600 gallons of paint were used painting park structures, and over 450 gallons of paint were used refreshing multiple park pools;
- Fresh Landscaping – Guests will notice multiple new flowers and greenery inside and outside of the park, further enhancing the park’s beautiful, forested environment;
- Digital Menu Boards – As an upgrade to in-park technology, digital menu boards have been added to five restaurants inside of the park, including Sternwheeler, Primo’s Pizzeria, Granny’s Funnel Cakes, Totally Kickin’ Chicken and Seaside Fries; and
- Upgraded Food Options – A guest favorite restaurant, Totally Kickin’ Chicken, returns for the 2022 season with a new variety of sauced chicken wings. Additionally, new personal pizzas will be available at Primo’s Pizzeria, giving guests more options to customize their in-park dining experience.
Summer Hiring Blitz Underway
Six Flags White Water is currently hiring hundreds of employees across multiple departments, including lifeguards and aquatics, food and beverage and park services, for the 2022 season. Six Flags, named one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, offers employees a wide variety of benefits including free park admission, exclusive employee events, paid training and more. Six Flags White Water is currently hiring daily with walk-in interviews every day from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information or to fill out an online application visit sixflagsjobs.com.
Six Flags White Water is open weekends, May 7 through May 22. The water park will be open daily starting Memorial Day Weekend, May 28 through July 31. For more information and to purchase tickets and passes, visit sixflags.com/whitewater.