Six Flags St. Louis Announces 2022 Season Including Special Events, Guest Enhancements, and New Ride and Attraction Experiences
EUREKA, MO ─ March 23, 2022 ─ On April 2, Six Flags St. Louis will open for the 2022 season and bring guests an array of new experiences including special events, more guest amenities, enhancements throughout the park, a new ride and a new attraction in Hurricane Harbor. Six Flags’ investment will feature beautification and modernization efforts throughout the theme park and water park touching rides, food service, admissions and guest comforts.
“As we open the park for our 2022 season, we are focused on improving our guests’ experience through technology, innovation and renovation,” said Park President Phil Liggett. “In addition to introducing a new thrill ride and an updated kid’s area in Hurricane Harbor, we have made changes and upgrades in the park that will make our guests’ visit more carefree and more enjoyable than ever before.”
Six Flags St. Louis’ 2022 highlights include:
- Autism Awareness – Six Flags St. Louis kicks off the season by recognizing Autism Awareness month with the debut of a new Low Sensory Space. This room is designed to create a soothing environment for guests with special needs and provide a place where they can relax and reset. The multi-sensory room includes a relaxing bubble tube, textured wall panel and special lighting effects. The park will also offer a Sensory Guide for rides and attractions that helps guests know which rides they may enjoy the most. And, on the first two Sundays in April, the park will host Quiet Early Ride Time, from 9:30 am – 10:30 am, on select Low, Moderate and High sensory rated rides. Guests who require helpful accommodations need to visit accessibilitycard.org to obtain an IBCCES Accessibility Card prior to visiting the park;
- Spring Blooms – Spring is in the air and the flowers are in bloom at the park. April 15 through May 22, Six Flags St. Louis will host Spring Blooms featuring flower displays, spring photo ops and specialty food items. In addition, on Sunday, April 17 and 24, the park will host a special Character Brunch where guest can enjoy a delicious brunch in the Catering Grove with a visit from the Looney Tunes characters. Tickets for the Character Brunch can be purchased online at sixflags.com/stlouis;
- Relaxation Stations – Everyone needs a minute to sit, relax and regroup for the next round of thrills. Guests will now find more shaded areas with seating throughout the park where they can do just that;
- Q SMART Technology – To improve the guest experience through enhanced ride line speed and efficiency, Six Flags will transition THE FLASH™ Pass Q-bot to mobile Q SMART technology. From the convenience of a mobile phone and the ease of an app, with the touch of a button guests can maximize their time in the park by spending less time waiting in line and more time enjoying rides, dining, shopping and entertainment;
- Military Discount – Six Flags is proud to now offer a discount every day, both at the park and online, to the men and women of our armed forces. Six Flags has partnered with ID.me which registers and verifies active military members, veterans, retirees, military spouses and their families with a valid military ID, so they can purchase a discounted admission online at any time. The military discount can be found on the park’s ticket page;
- New Mobile Food Ordering Options – To make mobile ordering even easier and faster, Mooseburger Lodge will become an exclusive Mobile Food Ordering location. The restaurant will offer an expanded menu and be dedicated to fulfilling mobile orders only while guests use their extra time to have even more fun in the park;
- Charging Stations – Charging options for both guest’s phones and vehicles are coming to Six Flags. Fuel Rod kiosks, where guests can purchase a portable charging device for their phones, will be located in the theme park. And this summer, vehicle charging units will be available in the parking lot;
- CATWOMAN Whip – The adventure begins late spring as this ride launches 16 guests, feet dangling, 164-feet into the air. As the massive arm whips around at up to 51 mph in a spinning rotation, the unique open air pods are simultaneously flipping guests head over heels. Then, CATWOMAN Whip sends guests plummeting back down toward the ground only to complete the rotation again and again for an intense adrenaline rush; and
- Adventure Cove – This new multi-level, interactive area for kids in Hurricane Harbor includes 71 electronic ignition features like water cannons, jets, blasters, geysers and more to provide the ultimate water play experience. At the center of Adventure Cove is a 30-ft tall Hydro Storm bucket which releases 750 gallons of water in a 360° array. The four slides and Pirate Ship will remain as part of Adventure Cove which is set to open May 28.
The park is currently hiring for the 2022 season. Applicants, age 14 and older, can text FUN to 636-245-2717 or complete an application at www.sixflagsjobs.com. The park offers exciting opportunities with flexible hours and great perks with most jobs start at $12.50 per hour. Six Flags is now offering $18 per hour for Ride Operators, Lifeguards and Food Service Leadership for weekend shifts.
New in 2022, Six Flags announces a three-tiered Pass Program focused on maximizing the value and experience for guests. The Thrill Seeker Pass is perfect for frequent home park visitation. The Extreme Pass is ideal for live-on-the-edge thrills all year, without block out dates. The Ultimate Pass provides the best value for everything offered; it includes all of the advantages of an Extreme Pass, plus more! For additional benefits and savings, with the purchase of an Extreme or Ultimate Pass, TWO Junior Passes will be given for each one of the passes purchased. The Junior Pass is for guests under 42”. For more information on these best offers, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of water parks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 60 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor
Six Flags St. Louis opened in 1971 and is one of the three original Six Flags parks. The theme park is home to a host of thrilling rides, shows, and attractions, including 10 heart-pounding roller coasters and a special section just for kids. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, a 12-acre water park, features a variety of water slides, a lazy river, a kid’s area and a 30,000-sq ft. wave pool. Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor are the Gateway to Thrills and family fun.