Come on in, the water’s fine! Check out the waves at Hurricane Harbor, or stay cool in one of our exclusive cabanas. Bring your bathing suit and take the plunge; the water park’s included in the price of admission!
Thank you for visiting! Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Over Georgia is now closed for the season. The water park will open for the 2023 season next spring.
To participate in the waterpark activities, you must wear lined swimsuits. We don’t allow guests to enter the water areas wearing street clothes, cut-off shorts, denim shorts or athletic clothing. Because they can damage the rides, we also do not allow swimwear with buttons, snaps, rivets or zippers. But don’t worry — if you don’t have appropriate clothing, swimsuits can be purchased at Tradewinds Gift Shop! Here are more guidelines to help you pick out the best attire for your trip to Hurricane Harbor:
- Footwear other than aqua socks are not allowed in any attraction.
- Aqua socks are not permitted on body slides.
- Infants’ diapers may be changed in restroom changing stations only.
- Toddlers are required to wear swim diapers.
- Swimsuits are only allowed in Six Flags Hurricane Harbor and must be appropriate for a family environment.
- Shoes, proper shorts and cover-up attire are all required when returning to the theme park.
- Please keep an eye on your young children, they should not be left unattended.
- To make sure you have a safe experience, height, weight, and health restrictions are strictly enforced.
- For water safety, make sure non-swimmers are accompanied by an adult who can swim.
- If you are wearing a cast, check with Guest Relations since casts are not allowed on slides and most attractions.
- Please do not wear eyeglasses or jewelry in pools as they may not be retrievable if lost during operation.
- Face masks are not allowed in the water.
- Running is not allowed anywhere in the waterpark.
- Diving is not allowed for safety reasons.
- Hurricane Harbor is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in the park except in designated smoking areas. Please view the park map for more information.
- Capacity is limited so the park may not be available to all guests during peak times.
It can get really warm at Hurricane Harbor and you may get caught up in all the fun. To help prevent heat exhaustion, avoid overexertion and drink plenty of water.
If you get a scrape or cut, head over to our First Aid Station located near Paradise Island.
Licensed lifeguards are located throughout the park. Don’t hesitate to seek their assistance for any reason.
If you are not fully confident in your swimming ability, grab a life vest. It will make you feel more comfortable in the water and it’s always better to be safe than sorry. They are free of charge and available at numerous areas around Hurricane Harbor. Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal life vests are permitted.
If you don’t feel like lugging your belongings around all afternoon, we have lockers available for rent at several locations. They are located near Hurricane Harbor’s Changing Room Area. The lockers work with electronic PIN CODE access and accept credit cards. Don’t leave anything behind because all lockers are cleared out each night when Hurricane Harbor closes. Six Flags is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
The best bet is to figure out a special meeting place for kids to go if they get lost or separated from their families. Since pages cannot be broadcast in Hurricane Harbor, children who are separated from their parties will be taken to a security officer inside of Hurricane Harbor.
You will love the relaxation and privacy of our luxury cabanas on Calypso Bay. These cabanas seat up to eight people and provide you with a fantastic place to escape the crowds and rest when needed.
Want to clean up on your way in or out? It’s so easy for you to change and shower before or after your visit to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor since shower facilities are located next to Paradise Island.
You should definitely remember to apply sunscreen before your visit. It gets hot! But don’t worry if you forget, sunscreen is available in several park shops.