Fright Fest At Six Flags Magic Mountain Returns Scarier Than Ever
Find Your Fright with New Haunted Attractions
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — August 18, 2022 — Six Flags Magic Mountain’s 29 th season of Fright Fest is back with 23 terrifying nights of monsters, ghouls, and creepy characters ready to strike fear in any one who crosses their path. The bone-chilling lineup of attractions features a daunting new haunted house, two new spine-tingling scare zones, an ominous new show, and a new haunted happy hour. Six Flags Magic Mountain leaves no tombstone unturned to deliver what guests want most—an all-out terrifying experience, on select nights September 10 through October 31.
Fright Fest, presented by Snickers®, boasts a grand total of 14 electrifying haunted houses and dare-to-enter scare zones with nightmarish zombies lurking around every corner. Six Flags Magic Mountain also adds a sinister element to some of the park’s monster coasters by turning off the lights, leaving riders to face their fears in total darkness. And, for the little monsters, BooFest offers frightfully fun family activities during the day with a Trick-or-Treat Trail in Bugs Bunny World.
“We couldn’t be more excited to bring this legacy Halloween event back to the park. Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest is upping the scare factor with an all-new haunted house, two new scare zones, an eerie new show, plus a new haunted happy hour and buffet,” said Park President Don McCoy. “Spooky season is back in Los Angeles, and Fright Fest is the scariest event in town!” added McCoy.
Highlights of this year’s new Fright Fest lineup include:
- Truth or Dare – A haunted facility that leaves guests questioning their every move, with never-before-done scares and effects in a warped game of Truth or Dare. Located near Full Throttle;
- Devil’s Triangle – The deepest, darkest depths of the ocean haunted by the many souls lost to the Devil’s triangle, who prey on guests as they enter the park;
- CarnivHELL – One of the largest scare zones in the park featuring the carnivorous band of carnies from a once-thriving circus. Located in Bugs Bunny World, step right up and enter if you dare;
- The Rising – An ominous show set on the remains of a sunken pirate ship revealing the battle of good versus evil and the power of the demonic Devil’s Claw. Located in the Devil’s Triangle
- Spirits with Spirits – An evening of monstertainment featuring music, spirits of both natures, and devilish treats located in the West Picnic Pavilion. Plus, don’t miss other ghoulish grub only available during Fright Fest at select locations around the park.
Additional scare zones around the park which leave guests nowhere to hide and screaming to get out unscathed include:
- The Deadzone unleashes a renegade group of cyberpunk zombies that feed on unsuspecting visitors;
- Terror Rising – Dark Developments haunts guests for all eternity as their worst nightmares rise up from the depths of hell and prey on the innocent who dare to enter this abandoned cemetery;
- City Under Siege is full of clowns who are loose and running rampant through the streets;
- TERRORtory Twisted is home to steam-spewing mechanical beasts who relentlessly hunt down their victims;
- Nightmares – A Twisted Fantasy is where childhood favorite bedtime stories take on a perverse twist; and
- Exile Hill makes guests freak out when unimaginable sinister souls appear without warning. Unleashed located in City Under Siege, takes place at 7:00pm nightly when the monsters of Fright Fest break free;
- VooDoo Nights returns where ghoul rock goes pop with today’s hits. Guests will want to dust off those thriller moves and join in the fun in the Full Throttle Plaza. Fright Fest operating days include: Fridays: September 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28 Saturdays: September 10, 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Sundays: September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 Monday: October 31 For more information on Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest, visit our website at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain. Six Flags Magic Mountain is currently hiring ghouls and scare actors for Fright Fest. Team Members receive in-park discounts, rewards and recognitions, exclusive Team Member events.
About Six Flags Magic Mountain Six Flags Magic Mountain, known as the Thrill Capital of the World, is home to more than 100 rides, shows, and attractions, including world-class roller coasters like Twisted Colossus, Tatsu, Full Throttle, and X2. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For 60 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment (WBTE), part of Warner Bros. Discovery Global Brands and Experiences, is a worldwide leader in the creation, development, and licensing of location-based entertainment, live events, exhibits, and theme park experiences based on Warner Bros.’ iconic characters, stories, and brands. WBTE is home to the groundbreaking global locations of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, WB Movie World Australia, and countless other experiences inspired by DC, Looney Tunes, Scooby, Game of Thrones, Friends, and more. With best-in-class partners, WBTE allows fans worldwide to physically immerse themselves inside their favorite brands and franchises.
DC creates iconic characters, enduring stories, and immersive experiences that inspire and entertain audiences of every generation around the world and is one of the world’s largest publishers of comics and graphic novels. As a creative division, DC is charged with strategically integrating its stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, interactive games, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE digital subscription service and community engagement portal. For more information visit dccomics.com and dcuniverseinfinite.com.
WONDER WOMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics. (s22)
JUSTICE LEAGUE and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics. (s22)
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed “Thrill Capital of the World,” in partnership with Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment and DC, today unveiled plans to add yet another record-breaking coaster—WONDER WOMAN™ Flight of Courage—to its unparalleled thrill ride lineup. Six Flags Magic Mountain’s record 20th roller coaster—the most at any theme park in the world—will debut as the tallest and longest single-rail coaster on the planet where riders will fly over 3,300 feet of track, towering 13 stories and soaring at speeds up to 58 miles-per-hour. The new coaster will be located in the six-acre DC UNIVERSE™ area of the park, which will be expanded and entirely remodeled to include a new, innovative restaurant and bar experience, plus retail locations featuring exclusive DC branded merchandise.
“This is an historic milestone for our park as we introduce the latest addition to our unrivaled coaster dynasty, WONDER WOMAN Flight of Courage. Not only is this a record-breaking single-rail coaster, it brings Six Flags Magic Mountain’s coaster count to an unprecedented twenty, the most in the world,” said Park President Don McCoy. “Our partnership with Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment makes this accomplishment even more exciting, as we integrate the legacy of an iconic DC Super Hero into the theming of the ride. Additionally, we are creating a more innovative guest experience by redesigning one of our most popular areas, DC UNIVERSE, which will become the home of WONDER WOMAN Flight of Courage,” added McCoy.
WONDER WOMAN Flight of Courage exemplifies the Super Hero’s traits of strength and speed—showcasing the legacy of Wonder Woman herself. As guests enter the ride queue, influenced by Greek architecture and featuring tropical landscaping, they will be immersed in the story of her life and how she obtained her super powers. Riders will join forces with Wonder Woman in the fight for truth, justice, and equality, to embark on an incredible journey of heroic feats, propelling through dives, banks, rolls, and turns designed to challenge the bravest of thrill seekers.
Key features of WONDER WOMAN Flight of Courage include:
- Themed entrance portal and queue inspired by the hidden island of Themyscira;
- Four sleek trains of 12 passengers each sitting one rider per row along the monorail track;
- 3,300 feet of single-rail, I-beam track;
- Tension-building ascent up a towering, 131-foot lift hill;
- Reaching speeds up to 58 mph;
- Intense elements including a steep, 87-degree first drop and overbanked cutback; and
- Three dramatic inversions including a 180-degree stall, raven dive, and zero-gravity roll.
The newly-themed DC UNIVERSE™ area, also includes the popular BATMAN™ The Ride and several other DC themed rides.
For more information about WONDER WOMAN Flight of Courage, please visit our website.
WONDER WOMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics. (s21)