Six Flags Great America Announces Addition of Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience
Limited-Time Event Features Unique Opportunity to Drive Through 300-Acre Theme Park While Enjoying Millions of Dazzling Lights, Themed Areas, and Festive Music
For the first time ever, Six Flags Great America—the Thrill Capital of the Midwest—will offer a drive-thru version of its new holiday celebration, Holiday in the Park Lights. Featuring over three million dazzling lights, festive holiday theming, and classic, seasonal tunes, this innovative and one-of-a-kind event will operate select days in December 2020 and January 2021 beginning December 16, 2020.
“We are proud to debut another way for our guests to celebrate the holidays with this unique, magical offering,” said Six Flags Great America President Hank Salemi. “We have successfully transformed the traditional operation of our beloved Holiday in the Park into a walk-through and now a new, drive-thru experience. Plus, theme park enthusiasts won’t want to miss this extremely rare opportunity to drive around inside the park,” he added.
Holiday in the Park Lights featuring dazzling lights, crackling fire pits, and delicious holiday treats will continue to operate as scheduled in the theme park weekends and select weekdays in December. The Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will delight revelers of all ages and offer an exciting way to celebrate the spirit of the season from the comfort of their own vehicles.
As one of the largest holiday drive-thru events in the Midwest and the only inside a theme park, the Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will include ten immersive, themed areas throughout the 300-acre theme park which will be embellished with millions of twinkling lights, live entertainment, and festive music. Guests will enjoy distanced greetings from beloved holiday characters, iconic holiday decorations, a drive-by featuring Santa and Mrs. Claus and their jolly elves, and much more.
Highlights of the new Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience include:
· Elegance features the iconic Columbia Carousel and Reflection Pond glistening in gold lights, dancing along to classic holiday songs;
· Jingle Bell Jazz showcases magnificent, larger-than-life nutcrackers and thousands of twinkling lights strung throughout the French Quarter;
· Snowman City boasts a towering snowman amidst swirls of blue and white lights designed to create the perfect winter wonderland;
· Merry Mardi Gras immediately feels like a party complete with a mirror ball bridge, thousands of festive lights, and parade float perch for crooners and characters;
· Techno Holiday is an immersive light show featuring a unique mix of holiday elements, fog, and electronica music;
· Home for the Holidays, aglow in white lights, enchants guests of all ages with a reindeer barn, cozy farmhouse feel, and mistletoe;
· The North Pole, the place Santa calls home while he’s in town, will delight with candy-striped trees of every color and is where guests will find Mr. and Mrs. Kringle to wave hello before they depart on December 23;
· Merry Market Place, decked out in cool tones, is where guests will cruise past world-class dancers and entertainers showing off their talents;
· Holiday Square features the park’s charming 50-foot holiday tree and thousands of lights illuminating the treetops and buildings as far as the eye can see;
· Toyland, a new section designed specifically for the Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience; will bring to life toy soldiers and teddy bears in a rainbow of colored lights to delight all ages; and
· Kalightoscope, the grand finale of the Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience, is a high-energy light show featuring state-of-the-art lighting technology and a majestic 200-foot tree dancing to holiday sounds.
All guests are required to make a reservation at www.sixflags.com/reserve. Reservations and tickets for Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will be available on December 9. Tickets for this first-ever event will be available on a first come, first served basis and will be sold per person for each night. Admission is free with active Memberships and Season Passes, and reservations are required. Individual tickets are $14.99 per person. Ticket sales will not be available at the gate. The event and its live entertainment are weather permitting.
The safety of guests and team members is always Six Flags’ top priority. The new Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will offer a contactless experience that follows CDC, state, and county health and safety guidelines. To prevent overcrowding and provide proper social distancing, a limited number of cars will be allowed each night.
Event requirements include use of masks if windows are down, no smoking, littering, stopping, or exiting vehicles. Due to the limited size of certain areas and terrain within the theme park, only cars, SUVs, vans, and pick-up trucks are permitted. No busses, RVs, commercial vehicles, dually pick-up trucks, trailers, or motorcycles will be allowed. A maximum speed of three mph, and maintaining a safe distance between cars, will be strictly enforced.
As part of Six Flags’ comprehensive safety procedures, all employees are required to wear masks and are temperature-checked and health-screened each day. Gloves are worn as appropriate, per guidelines. Six Flags encourages guests to plan accordingly for restroom breaks, gasoline, and food.
For the full Holiday in the Park Lights experience, including dazzling décor, world-class live entertainment, festive treats, holiday shopping, fire pits, and more, guests are encouraged to plan their visit weekends and select days through December 30, 2020.
For more information on Six Flags Great America’s Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru, and the traditional Holiday in the Park Lights event, visit www.sixflags.com/greatamerica.