8 Important Steps to Take Before You Visit
We know you’re really excited to get to the park, but you still need to decide what day and time to visit, buy your tickets, pack your gear, and figure out the best ways to have fun at the park. Take a few quick steps to prepare for your visit before you leave the house and you’re bound to have the best experience possible.
- Check our park hours. Our most up-to-date operating schedule is posted on our website. Make sure the park is open on your planned day and that you’ll have enough time to experience everything you want to do. We’ll also announce any unforeseen changes, alerts, delays, or closings on our social media sites.
- Buy your tickets online. Take advantage of the best prices when you buy tickets at least one day before your trip. Save time and money, skip the ticket booths at the park, and head straight for the front gate! You can also buy parking, dining vouchers, drink bottles, photo passes, THE FLASH Passes, Season Passes, and other useful items for your visit.
- Download the Six Flags mobile app. Our free iPhone and Android mobile app puts everything you need for your visit right at your fingertips. The app features an interactive in-park map, ride wait times, show schedules, ride descriptions, and restaurant menus. You can also buy tickets and manage your Season Pass account directly from your phone.
- Review our rides. View ride descriptions and height restrictions ahead of time so you know which attractions are must-dos for your group, and do those first when you arrive. We offer everything from pint-sized kiddie rides to extremely twisted roller coasters so everyone in your group is sure to find something they’ll enjoy.
- Plan for special events. There is always something exciting happening at the park! Check our events calendar for special activities throughout the season, including holiday celebrations, group experiences, and limited time engagements. Mark which events you’ll want to participate in, and take note of which days may draw extra visitors.
- Prepare for the weather forecast. Plan for Mother Nature accordingly and check the forecast the night before. Whether you need to pack a poncho, bring a light jacket, or re-apply your sunscreen, if you’re comfortable for unpredictable weather changes you’ll be able to stay at the park longer and enjoy more rides. Store your extras in your car or rent a locker at the park.
- Gather your gear. Grab your most comfortable walking shoes and an extra pair of socks, find your sunglasses, and take out a little extra spending money for food and souvenirs. Put all your essentials in a light bag by the front door so you can grab it on your way out.
- Look over your Pass Holder discounts. Season Pass Holders and Members get free and discounted tickets for friends on select days. Log in to your customized Pass Holder Portal to see what discounts are available on the day you plan to visit – and then decide which friend to bring with you!