Tapas & Tequila Presented by ¡Viva Tequila Festival! Features Delicious Culinary Creations, Premium Tequila and Live Cultural Entertainment Weekends, May 14-29
AUSTELL, Georgia — April 26, 2022 — Six Flags Over Georgia—the Thrill Capital of the South—is excited to announce a new festival, Tapas & Tequila presented by ¡Viva Tequila Festival!, happening weekends, May 14 through May 29. This one-of-a-kind festival is a lively celebration of Mexican culture, showcasing delicious tapas and tequila pairings, live cultural entertainment and a fiesta atmosphere to captivate all of the senses.
Tapas & Tequila offers a premium tequila tasting experience, featuring a variety of world-class, tequilas from Jalisco, Mexico that have been paired with six specialty tapas by the experts at ¡Viva Tequila Festival!. The result is a captivating experience that enhances the natural flavors in both. These premium tapas and tequila pairings include:
- Shrimp Tacos – Cilantro lime marinated shrimp tacos topped with avocado lime slaw and cilantro lime crema sauce. Paired with Mi Tierra Reposado, a 100% agave tequila that has been matured in French oak for nine months and exhibits the perfect blend of Mexican and local Jalisco culture;
- Kobe Beef Sliders – Grilled Kobe beef sliders topped with smoked Gouda cheese, bacon-onion marmalade and crispy onions. Paired with La Cava de Don Samuel, a 100% blue agave tequila is matured to perfection in oak kegs in Los Altos, Jalisco, giving it its amber color;
- Nachurros – Fried cinnamon tortillas coated in cinnamon sugar, drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce and completed with a dollop of whipped topping. Paired with Don Nacho Extra Premium Anejo, aged in casks of white American oak, this tequila is an exquisite blend of pungent spices and sweet tones that exalt the senses;
- Veggie Flatbread – Grilled flatbread topped with roasted squash, onions, peppers, sundried tomato, pesto-ricotta, mozzarella, shaved parmesan cheese and drizzled with a balsamic glaze. Paired with Don Nacho Extra Premium Blanco, this silver tequila provides matchless flavor featuring fresh lemon tea aroma, citric expressions and blue agave;
- Pork Kabobs – Smoked chipotle BBQ crusted pork kabobs wrapped with crispy bacon, paired with Don Nacho Extra Premium Reposado, aged in white American oak, this tequila is mild and silky with sweet aromas of vanilla, caramel and wild honey; and
- Mexican Street Corn – Fire roasted, jalapeno sweet corn cooked down with a chipotle lime sauce and finished with crumbled queso. Paired with Don Fernando Silver, this 100% silver tequila is double, not triple, distilled to maintain tequila’s inherent flavors.