Park Opens March 5 with a New Pass Program, Enhancements to the Guest Experience, and Delicious, New Food Offerings
AUSTELL, Georgia — March X, 2022 — Six Flags Over Georgia—the Thrill Capital of the South—kicks off its 55th season this Saturday, March 5, with an array of enhancements to the guest experience, the park’s historic line up of thrill rides and roller coasters, and new dining options.
“We are excited to celebrate 55 years of Six Flags Over Georgia with a principal focus on elevating the guest experience,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “The investments will feature aesthetic enhancements throughout the park with updates to classic attractions like The Great American Scream Machine, introduction of new and delicious food offerings and a focus on the charm that set Six Flags Over Georgia apart when it opened 55 years ago.”
Introducing a New Pass Program
New in 2022, Six Flags announces a three-tiered Pass Program focused on maximizing the value and experience for guests:
- The Thrill Seeker Pass is perfect for frequent home park visitation;
- The Extreme Pass is ideal for live-on-the-edge thrills all year, without blockout dates;
- The Ultimate Pass provides the best value for everything offered; it includes all of the advantages of an Extreme Pass, plus more; and
- For additional benefits and savings, with the purchase of an Extreme or Ultimate Pass, TWO Junior Passes will be given for each one of the passes purchased. The Junior Pass is for guests under 42”.
For more information on these best offers, visit www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia.
Enhancements to Classic Attractions
This season the park completes a multi-year restorative project on The Great American Scream Machine. This American Coaster Enthusiast designated rollercoaster landmark has thrilled guests of all ages for almost 50 years. This project includes:
- Re-tracking of the rollercoaster;
- Renovation of the queue house; and
- More than 400 gallons of paint used on the rollercoaster structure and queue house.
The park plans to unveil the upgraded wooden rollercoaster later this spring.
Delicious, New Food Offerings
No theme park visit is complete without classic eats like juicy burgers, piping hot snacks, and can’t-find-anywhere-else desserts, such as:
- JB’s Southern Charm Burger – Burger aficionados will enjoy this savory burger piled high with pimento cheese and applewood smoked bacon before being topped with crispy, fried onions, located at JB’s Sports Bar and Grille;
- Nachuros – Guests looking to satisfy their sweet tooth can try this delectable dessert featuring golden, fried, cinnamon tortillas topped with chocolate and caramel sauce and a hefty helping of whipped cream, located at Macho Nacho;
- Guests seeking healthier and plant-based options will enjoy the Chicken Philly Salad, located at Birds of Prey™ Café, the Crispy Chicken Salad, at Dee Jay’s Diner, or the Johnny Rockets Impossible Burger, located at Johnny Rockets; and
- Additional snack locations are being added to the park, offering guest-favorite theme park treats like hand-spun cotton candy, hand-rolled pretzels as well as freshly squeezed lemonade, and freshly popped popcorn.
Technology and Mobile App Upgrades
This season, the park is introducing a myriad of technology and mobile app upgrades to expedite the planning and in-park experience for guests, including:
- A new mobile app feature that allows guests to add their Pass to their Google Pay Wallet or Apple Wallet, expediting the front gate experience and reducing wait time; and
- The introduction of Q SMART Technology, improving THE FLASH™ Pass experience through smartphone-optimized virtual queuing. This advancement allows guests to utilize a mobile app and maximize their time, spending less time waiting in line and more time enjoying the theme park.
For more information and to download the Six Flags mobile app, visit sixflags.com/overgeorgia.
Park Enhancements and Beautification Initiatives
Since opening in 1967, Six Flags Over Georgia has been known for its beautiful landscaping and unique terrain. This season, guests will notice improvements that will come to life throughout the spring further beautifying the park environment.
- The enhanced experience will begin before guests even step foot in the theme park with freshly paved parking lots and enhanced parking lot trams to escort them to the front entrance;
- Once inside the park, guests will find enhanced landscaping and ongoing improvements to the park restrooms that better accommodate guests’ needs; and
- In between rides, guests can put their skills to the test and win amazing prizes throughout the park with the updated games of skill. Guests will notice eye-catching infrastructure changes, new challenges, and exciting prizes sourced from a range of designers and manufacturers worldwide.
Seasonal Hiring Blitz Underway
Six Flags Over Georgia is now hiring employees across a wide variety of positions for the 2022 season. Six Flags, named one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, offers employees a wide variety of benefits including free park admission, flexible schedules, paid training and more. Interested applicants should visit sixflagsjobs.com for more information.
Six Flags Over Georgia is open weekends March 5 through May 22, including daily operation for Spring Break April 1-10. Summer daily operation begins May 26. For more information about the 55th season, visit sixflags.com/overgeorgia.