10 Tips for Your Hurricane Harbor Visit
It's the middle of summer, which means it's the perfect time for a trip or ten to Hurricane Harbor. Whether you're a beginner guppy or an experienced surfer, spending a day of fun in the sun calls for some important reminders. We've put together our very best waterpark tips to make sure every fish in the sea stays safe, refreshed, and of course, soaked! Read on for the best ways to experience all the sun and fun that Hurricane Harbor has to offer.
- Beat the burn. Lather on the Coppertone sunscreen before you arrive, but make sure you bring the whole bottle too. You'll need to re-apply every couple hours as it washes away with all your worries.
- Kick back in the shade. Rent one of our private cabanas or beach lounger as a home base for your group. You'll get your own shaded canopy, lounge chairs, and other great perks throughout the day. Diamond and Diamond Elite members enjoy exclusive, front and center seating.
- Keep your flippers covered. If you decide not to follow tip #2 and take an old-fashioned walk around the park, keep your sandals or water shoes on to protect your heels from hot ground. Bonus tip! Find shoes with great traction to help on slippery surfaces.
- Soak up the sun in style. When you're ready to lounge back and take in the rays, make sure you have sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat.
- Keep your hands free for funnel cakes. Rent one of our spacious storage lockers to keep your personal items safe from splashes. You'll have unlimited access to your belongings throughout the day. Lockers are available first-come, first-served.
- Help young swimmers stay afloat. If your guppies are just learning to use their fins, we offer a limited number of Coast Guard approved life jackets, free to use for your convenience. Available first-come, first-served.
- Enjoy water outside the pool, too. You may be surrounded by gallons of refreshing water, but you still need to stay hydrated. Pick up an ice water or frozen beverage on the way to your next slide.
- Get your feet wet. The wave pool lets you choose your level of comfort. Start out and get your fins wet with ripples on the shallow end, and then head out to the four-foot deep waves when you're ready to surf.
- The early fish gets the chair. Arrive right when the park opens and you'll have our best selection of chairs, lockers, and picnic tables. Plus, get a few rides in before the sun is in full blast and beat the afternoon rush.
- Go home dry. Bring an extra set of dry clothes to change into before you leave. You'll be much more comfortable on the ride home.