How to Conquer SkyScreamer
How to Conquer SkyScreamer
SkyScreamer is the newest dominant feature of the Six Flags Over Georgia skyline. This 24-story swing tower will take you up to soar among the clouds. Even though there’s really no way to prepare for such a fierce challenge, if you’re daring enough to give it a try—or if you’re not quite ready for it—these tips will help enhance your ride experience so you can conquer the swing.
1. Dare to open your eyes. As you elevate to the top of the 240-foot steel tower, keep your eyes open for an amazing view of the area. You’ll get a bird’s eye view of the entire park—even The Great American Scream Machine looks small way down below you. You’ll also get an awe-inspiring view of the surrounding area. But you better look quickly—it all soon becomes a blur as you fly around at 40 miles per hour.
2. Wear tight shoes as you swing your legs. Sure, flip-flops are nice to wear on a warm day at the park, but you may want to tie up your sneakers for this ride. As you swing in a 98-foot circle at the top of the 24-story structure, your feet will be dangling free in the air. There won’t be anything below you to catch your shoes when they slip off your feet and soar way down below. Keep your feet secure with simple tennis shoes, or tightly-strapped sandals if you really want to feel the wind between your toes as you whirl around.
3. Feel the breeze on your face. Ladies, you may want to bring a hair tie. As you pivot around the center tower at incredible speeds, your hair will blow wildly in the wind. The wild breeze will also cause your open-air chair to sway, which intensifies the experience as you blow around in the sky. It’s a great way to cool off on a hot day, because you’re guaranteed to feel the wind whip you in the face.
4. Secure your belongings to prevent shaky drops. You may think this is a great chance to take a photo of the aerial view of the park or your friend’s hair standing on end. However, as you tremble with fear and hold on tight to your swing chains, you may drop what you’re holding and gravity will pull it down 24 stories—where you may not be able to retrieve it. Before boarding the ride, place cell phones, cameras, sunglasses, and other loose articles in the provided ride bins or tucked securely in your pocket.
5. Be confident. Don’t doubt yourself—you can do it! Stay calm and remind yourself that you can tackle this beast. When you return to the station after the ride, you’ll be ready to hop on again or tackle the next wild ride. You should also share your swing with someone you are comfortable with, who you can hold on to and who can help encourage you during the ride.
After conquering SkyScreamer, you'll be ready to tackle anything that comes your way.