Six Flags Magic Mountain Announces Updated Safety Protocols in Compliance with Los Angeles County Mandates
Proof of Full Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test For Park Entry on Designated Days
Six Flags Magic Mountain announced updated health and safety policies in compliance with state and local county mandates for theme parks as outdoor mega events. In accordance with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, effective October 7, guests 12 and older will be required to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within 72 hours prior to visiting the park on designated days, which will be reflected on the park’s website. All visitors 18 and older will also be required to show photo identification, effective November 1.
Six Flags Magic Mountain has established operational guidelines and procedures for days which could potentially attract visitors to the “mega event” levels as provided in the County mandates. All policies will be adjusted on an as-needed basis to ensure compliance with state and county requirements related to COVID-19.
To expedite and streamline the process of park entry on these designated days, Six Flags Magic Mountain is partnering with CLEAR, an experienced leader in workplace and travel security. In conjunction with CLEAR, guests will be able to use the CLEAR app and digital vaccine card feature for proof of vaccination. CLEAR’s digital vaccine card is a free, mobile experience on the CLEAR app, which securely connects a person’s verified identity to their proof of vaccination, to reduce public health risk.
“We are pleased to be working with CLEAR—a proven leader in contactless solutions—to provide a safe, efficient method for vaccine verification,” said Six Flags Magic Mountain President Don McCoy. “The safety and well-being of our guests and team members is always our top priority, and this partnership is a key component of that continued focus,” added McCoy.
To assist guests who are not fully vaccinated, or not able to show proof of full vaccination, or a negative test, Six Flags Magic Mountain will have on-site rapid COVID-19 testing available on select days free of charge. For more information visit our website.
On days that are designated as mega event days, in compliance with updated county mandates, guests two and older will be required to wear masks at all times, including while outdoors, except when eating or drinking. On days not designated as mega event days, vaccination or negative test verification will not be required, however everyone over the age of two will continue to be required to wear face masks at all indoor locations regardless of vaccination status. This includes indoor haunted maze attractions during Fright Fest.
Six Flags Magic Mountain will require all guests to comply with these updated safety measures including Members, Season Pass Holders, and single-day or group ticket purchasers 12 and older.
Updated Safety Protocols on Designated Mega Event Days
- Easy-to-identify signage for designated entry lanes at the Park’s entrance will be in place for full vaccination verification and negative test verification;
- Frontline team members will go through extensive training for the verification processes for vaccination and negative testing; and
- Following updated County mandates, all guests over the age of two and all team members will be required to wear face masks throughout their visit/work day on designated days, including while outdoors.
Vaccination and Negative COVID-19 Testing Requirements
- Guests age 12 and older must show proof of full vaccination
- Fully vaccinated means 14 days has passed since your second dose of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
- Acceptable forms of full vaccination status include:
- A photo identification of the attendee (starting November 1) and their vaccination card; and
- A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document; or
- A photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device; or
- Documentation of the person’s full vaccination against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider.
- Guests age 12 and older who are not fully vaccinated must show a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to visiting.
- Acceptable pre-entry negative testing includes both PCR and antigen tests
- Acceptable forms of negative test verification include:
- A photo identification of the attendee (starting November 1); and
- A printed document from the test provider or laboratory; or
- An email or text message displayed on a phone from the test provider or laboratory.
- Results of the test must be available prior to entry into the park and should include the person’s name, type of test performed, and negative test result (date of test must be within prior 72 hours).
How the CLEAR App Works
- Download and Enroll: Users download the free CLEAR app HERE, tap the blue digital vaccine card tile, and then enroll by verifying their identity and snapping a quick selfie.
- Proof of Vaccination: There are multiple ways users can add proof of vaccination. Users can scan a SMART QR code like those provided by California, directly link to a vaccine provider or pharmacy in CLEAR’s nationwide network, or directly upload their CDC vaccination card.
- Expedited Entry: Once their digital vaccine card is created, users can enjoy expedited entry to Six Flags Magic Mountain as well as the benefit of a mobile digital vaccine card that they can use anytime and anywhere they need.
- Privacy First: Privacy and security are at the core of everything CLEAR does. With CLEAR’s digital vaccine card, users are always in control of their information. COVID-related information, including vaccination info, is stored in a highly secure environment.
For more information on these processes and safety protocols, including which days are designated as mega event days, please visit our website.
For more details on the Los Angeles County mandate, including acceptable forms of vaccination and negative test verification, please visit www.publichealth.lacounty.gov.