Safety Protocol Update
On a limited number of days, all guests 5+ are required to show full vaccination verification, a negative antigen COVID-19 test within one day of visiting, or a negative PCR test within two days of visiting, per State and County mandates. Refer to Park Hours and Schedule for designated days.
- Verification of full vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test (PCR or Antigen) are required on a limited number of dates ONLY. On non-designated days, verification is not required.
- Effective, November 1 all guests 18+ are required to show photo ID
- Current affected days include: 01/15/2022, 01/16/2022, 01/17/2022, 01/22/2022, 01/23/2022, 01/29/2022, and 01/30/2022. Note: dates are subject to change on short notice.
- On such designated days, FREE rapid COVID-19 testing will be available near the park entrance, while supplies last.
Safety Protocols for Designated Mandate Days
On designated mandate days, the below safety protocols are required per the State and County Department of Public Health mandates. Refer to our park hours and schedule for days affected by the mandate.
- All guests 5+ are required to show full vaccination verification, a negative antigen COVID-19 test within one day of visiting or a negative PCR COVID-19 test within two days of visiting.
- Face coverings are required at all times for all guests 2 and older, including while outdoors.
- For more information, please visit the LA County Department of Public Health website.
Guests aged 5 and older must show proof of full vaccination.
Fully vaccinated means 14 days have passed since your second dose of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
Acceptable forms of full vaccination status include:
- A photo identification of the attendee (starting November 1) and their vaccination card; and
- A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document; or
- A photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device; or
- Documentation of the person’s full vaccination against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider.
Acceptable forms of vaccination cards include:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (White Card);
- World Health Organization (WHO) Vaccine Record Card (Yellow Card);
- Documentation of vaccination from the healthcare provider or entity that provided the COVID-19 vaccines; or
- California Immunization Registry (CAIR2) Vaccination Record.
- Digital vaccination record Issued by either the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) or a company approved by the CDPH, such as our preferred partner CLEAR. Additional details on CLEAR below.
For more information, please review LA County’s Verifying Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Visual Guidance
Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test
Guests aged 5 and older who are not fully vaccinated must show a negative antigen COVID-19 test within one day of visiting or a negative PCR COVID-19 test within two days of visiting.
Acceptable pre-entry negative testing includes both PCR and antigen tests.
Acceptable forms of negative test verification include:
- A photo identification of the attendee (starting November 1); and
- A printed document from the test provider or laboratory; or
- An email or text message displayed on a phone from the test provider or laboratory.
- Results of the test must be available prior to entry into the park and should include the person’s name, type of test performed, and negative test result (date of test must be within prior 72 hours).
For more information, please review LA County’s Verifying Proof of a Negative COVID-19 Test Visual Guidance
Per State and County mandates, on certain designated days everyone age 2 and older, including Team Members, are required to wear a face covering at all times during their visit, including while outdoors.
Expedite Your Entry Process with CLEAR
Upon arrival to the park, expedite your entry process by downloading the CLEAR app on your mobile device to upload your vaccination information.
With just a few taps on your phone, you’ll be ready to go and be able to get to your favorite rides quicker.
Download the free CLEAR app
1. Create an account by uploading a government-issued ID and snapping a quick selfie to confirm you are you
2. Select the blue digital vaccine card tile on the home screen and link to your COVID-19 vaccine info
3. Show your digital vaccine card when you arrive at the park
A parent or guardian over the age of 26 can add minors to their free CLEAR account by tapping on the profile icon in the right corner of the home screen and selecting “My CLEAR” and then “Minor Accounts”. Once added, the minor can use their own device to create a digital vaccine card using the CDC Card Upload feature.
To add a minor to the parent/guardian account:
- Open the CLEAR app on the parent/guardian device.
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Under the “My CLEAR” section, select “Minor Accounts”.
- Go through the enrollment process and, when prompted, add in the minor’s email address and set up their account. They’ll need to snap a selfie!
Once the parent or guardian has set up the minor’s account, the minor will need to do the following:
- Download the free CLEAR app on their own device.
- Minor will log in with the email and password the parent/guardian used to create their account.
- Tap on the blue digital vaccine card tile on the home screen.
- Minor will add their proof of vaccination using the CDC card upload option.
Download the free CLEAR app
Note that this applies to users aged 14-17. Guests ages 13 and under will need to follow other vaccine verification methods.
Safety Protocols for Non-Designated Mandate Days
On non-designated mandate days, current safety protocols are required per state and county guidelines. Check our park hours and schedule for days not affected by the mandate.
- Face coverings are required at all indoor locations regardless of vaccination status, for all guests 2 and older
- Face coverings are not mandatory outdoors but are still recommended for unvaccinated individuals
- Ensure you understand and practice healthy hygiene during your visit
We remain dedicated to maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards within all of our attractions and facilities. The safety and health of our guests and team members is our top priority, and we will continue to update protocols with consultation from infectious disease experts.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE PARK
Effective October 7, 2021, this Six Flags Park has established the following COVID-19 rules for our guests in compliance with State and County Public Health Departments.
Full vaccination verification or a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or Antigen) is required for all guests on designated days.
Per State and County Department of Public Health mandates, all guests 5+ are required to show full vaccination verification, a negative antigen COVID-19 test within one day of visiting, or a negative PCR COVID-19 test within two days of visiting the park, on select days (refer to park hours and schedule for specific days).
- Fully vaccinated means 14 days has passed since your 2nd dose of a 2-dose vaccine or single dose of a 1-dose vaccine.
- Acceptable COVID-19 tests include a PCR or antigen test.
On-site rapid COVID-19 testing will be available at the park on select days.
- To assist guests who are not fully vaccinated, or not able to show proof of full vaccination or a negative test, on-site rapid COVID-19 testing will be available on select days, free of charge.
- Per the LA County Department of Public Health, guests age 18+ are eligible to receive the rapid COVID-19 test. All guests under the age of 18 are required to have a parent present for authorization.
The County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health encourages everyone to get vaccinated when eligible. As an added layer of protection, it’s also encouraged to sign up for CA Notify to receive alerts when you have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
Masks are required at all times, including while outdoors, on designated days for all guests 2 and older.
- Designated days can be found on our operating calendar
Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status, at all indoor locations every day such as: retail buildings, theaters, and restaurants. Masks whether disposable or reusable must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable materials
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
Exemptions to mask requirements are:
- Guests younger than 2 years old
- Guests with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents mask wearing.
- Guests who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
As always, guidelines may change and as they do, we will continue to update our health and safety procedures and policies based on communication from state and local health officials. Prior to your planned visit to this Six Flags Park, you understand and agree to follow the aforementioned guidelines and attest to comply with these rules on behalf of you and the party you are purchasing tickets for.
Six Flags cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to Coronavirus during your visit. The CDC advises that some people are more likely than others to become severely ill, and some people are at a higher risk of exposure to COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their own risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, and any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19. By coming to the park, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance.