Twisted Colossus, the next generation of the beloved wooden roller coaster that thrilled millions of guests in its 36-year reign at the park, is a unique technological marvel combining an iconic wooden structure with state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track. The advanced technology, available exclusively at Six Flags, provides ride experiences never before possible on wooden coasters, such as over-banked turns and inversions. Twisted Colossus features numerous exciting components including a “Top Gun” element, the western hemisphere’s first “High Five” element, and a Zero G Roll.
With its unique construction, Twisted Colossus features:
- “Top Gun Stall” – an inversion where the train slows down upside down
- Western Hemisphere’s first “High Five” – where two trains pass through an overbanked turn facing each other with the illusion that you can reach out and “high five” other riders
- Zero G Roll where track twists 360 degrees
- A staggering 116-foot drop at an amazing 80-degrees
- 18 airtime hills
- Two lift hills
- Four minutes of thrills on nearly 5,000 feet of track – longest hybrid coaster in the world
Twisted Colossus is the focal point of the newly themed area, Screampunk District, where you can expect the unexpected through whimsical experiences in entertainment, food and retail. The original Colossus wooden coaster opened on June 29, 1978 and offered its farewell run on August 17, 2014.
Twisted Colossus — the World's Longest Hybrid Coaster
- Opening Date: May 23, 2015
- Height Restriction: Must be at least 48” tall
- Location: Twisted Colossus is the focal point of the newly themed area, Screampunk District, where guests can expect the unexpected through whimsical experiences in entertainment, food and retail.
- Manufacturer: Rocky Mountain Construction