The World’s First Looping Coaster Is Getting Newly Designed Trains
The New Revolution, the beloved steel roller coaster that has thrilled over 45 million guests in its 40-year reign at the park, will be repainted a brilliant white and blue color, while newly designed trains will be fitted with lap and calf bars, and feature Americana red, white and blue colors with a silver eagle hood adornment. For coaster fans, the elimination of shoulder harnesses will provide a smoother, sleeker ride experience with more airtime.
With its new trains and makeover, The New Revolution will also feature:
- The world’s first giant loop – 90 feet high and 45 feet in diameter
- Fast and furious dips and dives, built into the park’s lush hillsides
- Speeds of 55 mph
- Two minutes of thrills on 3,457 feet of track.
The original Revolution steel coaster opened on May 8, 1976 as the Great American Revolution, in honor of the country’s bicentennial celebration. Its farewell run will occur on September 7, 2015 after which the transformation will begin.
The New Revolution - the World's First Looping Coaster
- Opening Date: 2016
- Height Restriction: Must be at least 48” tall
- Location: Near Grand Carousel in Baja Ridge