Montreal — August 3, 2017 — La Ronde, in partnership with Samsung Gear VR and Oculus, is introducing a new Virtual Reality (VR) experience, for a limited time starting August 7th. Drop of Doom VR, available on the Orbite ride, is a thrilling and fully immersive encounter with giant mutant spiders.
“Again this year, we are proud to offer an exclusive experience combining cutting-edge technology and thrilling entertainment. What better way to celebrate our 50th anniversary than by offering our guests an extreme virtual reality experience,” said Phil Liggett, President of La Ronde.
When boarding Orbite, riders will be invited to wear wireless Samsung Gear VR headsets and, upon ride departure, they will become the pilots of a futuristic gunship under attack by mutant spiders. This interactive adventure features:
• A high speed virtual vertical ascent up 100 stories, while teetering off the edge of a helicopter;
• A 360-degree rotating view high above massive city skyscrapers that are under siege by enormous spiders;
• A high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, spewing baby spiders that virtually crawl all over the rider’s body;
• A thrilling virtual 100-story fiery plunge straight down between towering skyscrapers; and
• The final showdown with a spider the size of a van, teeth-gnashing and in full attack mode.
For a limited time only starting on August 7, guests can experience the Drop of Doom virtual reality attraction free with paid park admission. Riders must be at least 52” tall to ride Drop of Doom VR, and at least 13 years old to experience Samsung Gear VR.