Over the years, we’ve learned a thing or two about making the most of a day at Hurricane Harbor Chicago. The tips below will help you have a fun and memorable experience.
- Before the day of your visit, call our park information hotline at (847) 249-1776 to hear about current discounts, special events, and more.
- Check the website prior to visiting on days when weather may be a concern, we post the most updated hours here.
- Visit when attendance is lightest—you’ll spend less time waiting to get on your favorite attractions. Best bets are weekdays during the summer.
- Review the park map to familiarize yourself with the park’s layout and help plan your day.
- Plan to start your day at attractions farthest from the main entrance. Also, ride your favorite attractions when the park first opens—that’s when they will be less crowded.
- Arrange a meeting place and time, just in case your party becomes separated.
- Secure your own relaxation space by renting a cabana for the day! Purchase in advance to ensure your spot here.
- To save time, eat at non-traditional lunch and dinner hours. Download the Six Flags app to place your mobile food order.
- Sunscreen is recommended, even if it’s cloudy.
- Make sure children feel comfortable with an attraction before they board.
- Hurricane Harbor Chicago is a smoke-free facility and smoking is only allowed in designated areas. There are three smoking areas: near Treasure Chest across from Skull Island, near Five O’Clock Phil’s across from Riptide Bay, and near Saltwater Sal’s by the wave pool.
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, Hurricane Harbor strictly enforces a dress code. To participate in the waterpark activities, wearing lined swimwear is required. If you do not have appropriate clothing, swimwear can be purchase at Hurricane Hank’s Island Traders gift shop.
Here are more guidelines to help you pick out the best attire for your trip to Hurricane Harbor:
- Swimwear must be made of nylon swim material
- Cotton or non-nylon material is not permitted in the water or on slides at any time
- Guests may not enter the water areas wearing street clothes, cut-off shorts, denim shorts or athletic clothing
- Guests are welcome to wear rash guard/swim-style nylon shirts on any of our slides with tubes
- Rash guard/swim-style nylon shirts are not permitted on body slides
- Swimwear with buttons, snaps, rivets, zippers or any other metal ornamentation is not permitted as they can damage the slides
- Footwear other than aqua socks are not allowed in or on any attraction
- Aqua socks are not permitted on body slides
- Infant diapers must be changed in restroom changing stations only
- Toddlers are required to wear swim diapers
- Swimsuits are only allowed in Hurricane Harbor and must be appropriate for a family environment
Tattoos or clothing with offensive language or graphics is not permitted at any time. Examples of clothing not permitted are those which display:
- Graphic violence
- Support of drugs or drug use
- Gang symbols
- Promoting discrimination against any group
An image of an assault rifle or handgun does not by itself, rise to the level of graphic violence.
Park admission may be denied if clothing or tattoos are deemed inappropriate by management and the guest refuses all reasonable options. Shirts cannot be turned inside out as a solution.
You will love the relaxation and privacy of our cabanas located in Hurricane Bay and Riptide Bay. Cabanas seat up to eight people and provide you with a fantastic place to escape the crowds and rest when needed. Cabanas may be rented at the park or online prior to your visit.
It can get really warm at Hurricane Harbor and you may get caught up in all the fun. To help prevent heat exhaustion, avoid overexertion and drink plenty of water.
Face masks are not allowed in water; however, they are required when entering and exiting the park, walking throughout the park to food locations, shops and restrooms, and more.
If you get a scrape or a cut, head over to our First Aid Station located across from Riptide Bay.
Licensed lifeguards are located throughout the park. Don’t hesitate to seek their assistance for any reason. All lifeguards are certified by Ellis and Associates, the leading waterpark lifeguard training and certification organization. All guards are regularly audited, and have weekly training requirements during their park tenure.
If you are not fully confident in your swimming ability, grab a life vest. It will make you feel more comfortable in the water and it’s always better to be safe than sorry. They are free of charge and available at numerous areas around Hurricane Harbor. Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal life vests are permitted.
If you don’t feel like lugging your belongings around all day, we rent lockers for your convenience. Lockers are located in Hurricane Harbor’s Changing Room Area. The lockers work with electronic pin code access and accept both dollar bills and credit cards. Don’t leave anything behind, because all lockers are cleared out each night when Hurricane Harbor closes. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
The best bet is to figure out a special meeting place for kids to go if they get lost or separated from their families. Since park pages cannot be broadcast in Hurricane Harbor, children who are separated from their parties will be taken to Lost Parents, located next to Wahoo Racer across from Skull Island.
Want to clean up on your way in or out? It’s so easy for you to change and shower before or after your visit to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor with shower facilities located near Aruba Tuba Tube Rental.
You should definitely remember to apply sunscreen before your visit as well as throughout the day. Don’t worry if you forget to bring some, sunscreen is available at Hurricane Hank’s Island Traders gift shop.
Tubes are available for rent at Aruba Tuba Tube Rentals, located near the changing and showering facilities. For your safety, no personal recreational flotation devices are allowed in Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.
For your convenience, wheelchair rentals are available at Hurricane Hank’s. The fee for a standard wheelchair is $25 plus a $25 refundable deposit. Rentals are limited and available on a first come first service basis. We suggest visiting early to ensure availability or you may use your own wheelchair.