Make Heartwarming Memories this Winter at the All-New Six Flags Holiday Market
AUSTELL, Georgia — November 14, 2022 — Six Flags Over Georgia —the Thrill Capital of the South — invites guests to indulge in the sights, sounds and flavors of the season during Holiday in the Park, happening select days, November 19 through January 1. This year, the park’s flagship, wintertime event boasts all-new experiences, like the Six Flags Holiday Market, magical, new live shows and the return of guest-favorite attractions, shows, food and more.
NEW FOR 2022: Enjoy Hometown, Festive Fun at the Six Flags Holiday Market
Guests can make merry memories at the all-new Six Flags Holiday Market, a one-stop-shop for festive fun featuring activities like a kid-friendly sleigh ride, a hilarious puppet show, holiday shopping with local crafters and artisans, specialty food and beverage, cookie decorating and more.
NEW FOR 2022: Indulge in a VIP Experience at Blue Ridge on Peachtree
New for this year, guests can indulge in a VIP experience for up to six inside of their very own, heated igloo. VIP packages include a family style holiday meal, sparkling cider, unlimited hot chocolate, specialty treats, reserved show seating and more.
Be Immersed in the Magic of the Season with 10 Festive Shows
This year, guests will be immersed in entertainment with three new live shows and seven returning guest-favorites, including:
- NEW FOR 2022: Feels Like Christmas, gather in the historic Crystal Pistol Music Hall for a festive revue of both nostalgic and modern holiday favorites;
- NEW FOR 2022: Looney Tunes Storytime, join the Looney Tunes pals for a delightful retelling of their favorite holiday stories;
- NEW FOR 2022: Gator Claus, ‘Tis the season to be Grouchie! Gator Claus is a live and up-close presentation of holiday hilarity, transporting guests to Grouchie Gator’s “swamp shack” home in the bayou as he prepares for the holidays with the help of his puppet friends;
- Oh What Fun! A Holiday Light Spectacular, the park’s 28ft Christmas tree, The Grand Fir, comes to life with dancing LED lights choreographed to festive music;
- Merry Lane, venture through a tunnel of dancing LED lights set to jolly holiday tunes;
- Retro Christmas Live!, step back in time with a Christmas revue featuring classic holiday songs;
- Elf Sock Hop, join the Jolly Elves for some fun, holiday mischief as they spread the joy of the season through song and dance;
- Bad Bob Humbug, when holiday hater Bad Bob comes to town, the sheriff and his sidekick do their best to save Christmas;
- Six Flags Carolers, guests are encouraged to join the Six Flags Carolers in a classic yuletide tradition: caroling; and
- Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers, watch as these toy soldiers come to life and tower over the guests below, keeping their eye on all the holiday cheer.
Meet Santa, Mrs. Claus and the Elves at The North Pole
Embark on a wintry journey to Santa’s Workshop at The North Pole, where Mrs. Claus and the elves have planned jolly activities to spark the holiday spirit. Activities at The North Pole include Letters to Santa, Photos with Santa, Storytime with Mrs. Claus, reindeer games, arts and crafts and a peppermint forest. Santa is available November 19 through December 23.
Satisfy Holiday Cravings with Limited Time Food & Beverage Offerings
- Specialty Beverages, indulge in the spirit of the season with holiday inspired cocktails and spiked hot chocolate from the all-new Blitzen’s Bar in the Holiday Market or JB’s Sports Bar and Grille;
- Festive Feasts, treat every day like Thanksgiving with comforting meals like the Holiday Burger from JB’s Sports Bar and Grille, platters featuring ham, pot roast or turkey from Daddy O’s and Italian favorites like chicken parmesan, pasta bowls and soup bread bowls from Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen;
- Savory Snacks, savor classic with turkey legs from Holiday Café or flavored popcorn from Prancer’s Popcorn, both found in the Holiday Market;
- Unique Fried Desserts, no visit to Six Flags Over Georgia is complete without enjoying unique fried desserts, like the S’mores Funnel Cake from Promenade Funnel Cakes or fried Oreos and peanut butter and jelly from Hometown Treats in the Holiday Market
- Sweet Treats, guests can browse from a variety of delicious, wintery themed deserts at Coaster Candy Company or enjoy unique Belgium liege waffles, cinnamon buns, and donuts from Hometown Treats in the Holiday Market; and
- DIY S’mores Roasting, guests can stop by one of the park’s four s’mores stations to roast marshmallows over an open fire and craft their very own ooey-gooey s’mores.
Take in the Atmosphere with Enchanting Attraction Overlays & Delightful Decor
Six Flags Over Georgia transforms into a winter wonderland during Holiday in the Park, featuring millions of LED lights, hundreds of Christmas trees and thousands of eye-popping trimmings. The park is divided into 10 uniquely themed holiday neighborhoods, such as the rockabilly Retro Christmas USA and the classic A Main Street Christmas.
Three attractions receive holiday overlays this year, including the brand-new Hanson Cars: Mr. Snow’s Holiday Lesson. Guests can board this classic, opening day attraction to join Mr. Snow for a holiday lesson on how other cultures celebrate the season. Other returning attractions include the Candlelight Carousel, featuring more than 100,000 lights and 250 luminary candles on the historic Riverview Carousel, celebrating 50 years at Six Flags Over Georgia this year, and Holiday Traditions Around the World on the nostalgic Six Flags Railroad.
Holiday in the Park returns for 26 select days, November 19 through January 1. The best way to visit Holiday in the Park is with a Six Flags Pass. Guests who purchase a 2023 Six Flags Pass now can visit for the rest of the 2022 season, plus spring and summer in 2023. For more information and to purchase a 2023 Pass, visit sixflags.com/overgeorgia.