Zombie Run 5K
Your primary goal is simple– DON'T DIE!
Secondary goal: cross the finish line alive.
Join us on Saturday, September 29 for Zombie Run, where you’re not only racing the clock; you’re also racing from bloodthirsty, flesh-eating, brain-sucking ZOMBIES. This Zombie Run is not only a zombie-infested 5K race through an amusement park but also a fundraiser, with a portion of the proceeds going back to the American Red Cross to aid in their life-saving mission. You've seen zombies on TV and in your favorite video games, but are you ready to take on hundreds of hungry zombies IRL?
Before the race, you will be given a flag belt that must be tied around your waist and worn with one flag on each hip and one flag on your lower back. These flags represent your lives. It is your goal to finish the race with at least 1 life flag. It is the zombie's goal to take all of your lives and maybe a limb or two. Just like in a video game, once all 3 of your lives are gone, you “die,” which means:
- You must suffer the shame & embarrassment of knowing that you are not fit enough to survive a real zombie apocalypse!
- In the event you lose all three lives, you will still be able to complete the course and receive an official Zombie Run 5K time and finishers medal.
- You’ll need endurance, stamina and quick wit to survive this 5K - your life depends on it!
A few guidelines to help your odds to come out of this alive:
- Be sure to stretch
- Use the buddy system
- Know your escape route
- Registration: 8:00 a.m.
- Group warm-up: 9:30 a.m.
- Race start time: 10:00 a.m.
- Survival bash: 11:30 a.m.
Survival Bash Snack Buffet includes assorted fruit, bagels, cookie, beverages and one beer coupon for all racers 21+ with valid ID.
Zombie Run 5K Spectator
More interested in watching Zombies chasing after their pray? We don't blame you! Enjoy watching the run in our safe zones located at checkpoints throughout the race. For only $35.00, see first hand if your friends or family members truly have what it takes to make it out alive. The Zombie Run 5K spectator fee includes your early access to the park on the day of the run and your admission for the remainder of the day to enjoy all the thrills the park has to offer.
Registration will available for runners on the day of the event for an increased fee.
- T-shirts and sizes are guaranteed when you register before September 15. T-shirt availability and sizes may be limited or unavailable for registrations received on or after September 15.
- This race is intense and not recommended for anyone under 12. Jogging strollers are not permitted.
- Rain or shine, the dead are coming.
Want to extend your stay through the weekend? Book a stay at the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Water Park and mention the Zombie Run Package to save BIG!
Contact Dani Taylor at [email protected] to learn more today!
The Great Escape will donate all $21.31 for 1-day regular registrations or $25.00 for Season Pass Holder registrations from all of the Zombie Run 5K race registrations. This donation will support Hurricane Florence relief efforts.
The American Red Cross name, Emblems and copyrighted materials are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by the American Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, please visit redcross.org.