Six Flags Great Escape’s 2022 Fright Fest Events
— Six Flags Great Escape, the Thrill Capital of upstate New York, transforms into a scream park this weekend with the return of the most anticipated event of the season, Fright Fest presented by SNICKERS®. The theme park’s largest and most chilling celebration features entertaining dance shows, spooky scare zones, and horrifying haunted houses.
“With fall comes Fright Fest, and we are thrilled to debut all new experiences this year” said Six Flags Great Escape Resort President Rebecca Wood. “With festive daytime events and terrifying nighttime attractions, we’re offering thrills and chills for the whole family,” added Wood.
All Fright Fest shows, scare zones and world-class thrill rides are included with admission.
Haunted attractions require an additional fee. Six Flags Great Escape’s Fright Fest kicks off this Saturday, October 1, and runs weekends through October 30. Guests at Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park can enjoy HallowFest, starting September 30 through October 30.
Kid’s Boo Fest- Thrills by Day
When the park opens for the day, little monsters under the age of 12 can showcase their creative costumes during fun events like:
- Monster Mash Dance Party –Watch your favorite kid friendly Halloween monsters get their ghoulish groove on to classic Halloween hits;
- Walkthrough Trick-or-Treat trail – Stop by each little house to collect treats;
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt – Snap a photo of select spooky characters. When guests find them all, they can head to one of the retail locations to receive a prize;
- Children’s Costume Contest – Compete for the best Halloween costume;
- McBoogles Joy Ride- Join the McBoogles family as they journey on their joy ride at the Thunder Alley Cars;
- Bark in the Park – October 9, guests can bring their dog in the park and dress them up from head to paw in their best Halloween costume and watch them show off in a dog costume contest.
Taste of Oktoberfest
Continuing through October 30, guests can experience memorable fall traditions in the Adirondacks with fun festive games, a DJ, delicious German cuisines, local seasonal craft beers and thrilling rides.
Fright by Night
Once the clock strikes 5 p.m., for those brave enough to stay, the demons, monsters and vampires are unleashed and they will show no mercy. Here is this year’s Fright by Night lineup at Six Flags Great Escape:
- Haunted Attractions – Skull Manor, CarnEVIL and Nightmare at CrackAxle Canyon;
- Scare Zones – Dark Oaks Cemetery, Ghost Town Dead in the West and InFESTed;
- Frightful shows, including Liquid Lunch, a new show starring vicious vampires; and
- Dark Coasters & Extreme Thrills – If the ghouls don’t get to guests first, the park’s collection of dark coasters and attractions will keep them screaming into the darkness.
Specialty Food & Beverage
Spooky season isn’t only the screams and scares, what about the gruesome snacks? During your adventure, don’t forget to try:
- Juicy Blood Bags – Guests can enjoy this delicious Halloween themed beverage;
- Jello syrings;
- Halloween snacks & treats for all; and
- Fanta® Orange Skull-Sicle – Orange layered with strawberry syrup & whipped cream, garnished with and eyeball gummy & strawberry drizzle for the ultimate frightening treat.
Six Flags & Coca-Cola® AR Experience
Six Flags, Coca-Cola®, and Fanta® have teamed up to deliver four innovative augmented reality experiences to park guests this year. Each of the featured experiences will reveal a hidden “scare” within the Fright Fest-inspired AR scene that allow users to create spineshivering, shareable content. These web-based AR experiences will be available by scanning onsite QR codes, Six Flags drink bottles, or the Fright Fest logo. Guests can also visit the Fanta photo booth experience inside the park- which puts users into the middle of a zombie attack.
Friendly goblins, ghosts and ghouls return to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park for HallowFest. The entire family can enjoy:
- Trick-Or-Treat Trail – Kids 12 and under can participate. Guests can grab their treat bag at the Front Desk
- Boo Bingo;
- HallowFest Riddles all throughout the Lodge;
- Black Cat Scavenger Hunt;
- A Monster Meet & Greet – Say “Hallow” to the monsters;
- Spooky Tales – Seasonal storybook reading by the fireplace;
- Witchcrafts – boys and ghouls can participate in a Hallowfest craft led by a witch; and
- NEW – Danger Den – Guests reserve one of the spookiest rooms at the Lodge during their scary vacation. Are you brave enough to stay in one of these select Halloween themed rooms?
After experiencing the fun and fright of HallowFest, guests can escape to the warm tropics of the indoor water park, White Water Bay.
About Six Flags Great Escape Resort
Six Flags Great Escape Resort is the quintessential location to play, stay and get-away. This unique family vacation features a 200-suite Adirondack-themed lodge with an indoor waterpark, and The Great Escape and Hurricane Harbor offers over 135 rides, shows and attractions, including an outdoor waterpark. The Great Escape theme park features thrilling coasters like the Comet, family-friendly kids’ areas and hours of fun for everyone.
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/SF_GreatEscape
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/sixflagsgreatescape
Follow us Instagram @SixFlagsGreatEscape