Six Flags’ Holiday in the Park® Will Dazzle with Even More Lights, Rides and Magic in 2019
Jackson, NJ — November 7, 2019 — Holiday in the Park, Six Flags Great Adventure’s spectacular holiday festival, will dazzle in 2019 with more lights, more rides and more magic than ever before. Weekends and select days November 16 through January 1, 2020, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park will present an eye-popping winter wonderland. This incredibly immersive and enchanted holiday experience features 14 specially-themed areas with coordinated sights, sounds, scents and attractions that provide each section with a distinct character. The event is included with all active Memberships and Season Passes.
“Holiday in the Park has become a family tradition with world-class entertainment for all ages and unparalleled thrills that only Six Flags Great Adventure can provide,” said Park President John Winkler. “This one-of-a-kind festival allows families to get away from the hustle and bustle of the season and enjoy magical memories together.”
Opening for its fifth season, Holiday in the Park will debut new attractions, shows, games, rides and dining options in 2019:
- Frost: A Cirque Spectacular ─ Astounding acrobats, inspired dancers and a touch of icy holiday magic will warm the heart in Frost: A Cirque Spectacular appearing in the Showcase Theatre.
- Bugs Bunny National Park – This adorable section for young guests features six pint-sized thrill rides, new entertainment in Wilderness Theater and meet & greets;
- Twinkle Tunnel – Joy to the World has found a new home near the Lakefront and the new Twinkle Tunnel will envelop guests in sparkling holiday lights;
- Spinnin’ Saturdays with DJ Tinsel Tunes – Guests can rock to the modern sounds of holiday classics with DJ Tinsel Tunes each Saturday from 3 to 8 pm in Deck the Halls.
- Festive, New Characters – Meeting the array of unique characters found only at Holiday in the Park is a highlight for kids and kids-at-heart. Three new characters make their debut in 2019:
- Mrs. Claus — Santa’s better half, who keeps the workshop running like clockwork, is thrilled to meet guests in Bugs Bunny National Park;
- Evergreen Queen – The newest member of Holiday in the Park royalty whose beauty is everlasting will make her home in Holiday Memories; and
- Reindeer – Santa’s flying helpers have landed in Bugs Bunny National Park.
- Delicious Seasonal Eats
- Yum Yum Holiday Mornings – Features all-day breakfast platters, biscuits and gravy, fluffy pancakes and other breakfast favorites.
- Granny’s Holiday Feast – Granny’s is serving up comfort food classics like meatloaf, turkey, pot roast, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, hot chocolate and more.
- Not So Chilly Chili – Beef, turkey and vegetable chili.
- Fireside BBQ – Turkey legs, smoked sausage and bacon-wrapped pork.
- Holiday Hatchet Throw Game – Guests can take aim and toss a hatchet at some of their favorite mischievous holiday characters. Winner every time!
Signature Holiday in the Park attractions include:
- Holiday Magic: A Celebration of the Season ─ Spectacular light show on a five-story-tall tree in the heart of the park that dazzles nightly every 30 minutes through eye-popping effects, stirring music and gently falling snow.
- The Elf That Saved Christmas – Elves Tinsel, Twinkle, Jingle and Doug conquer the mayhem of the season to save Christmas.
- Gingerbread Junction ─ A giant, inflatable gingerbread man welcomes guests to this whimsical section that features peppermint swirl-wrapped trees, the regal Peppermint Princess and dancing lights around the carousel pavilion.
- Polar Point ─ Stunning, ice-blue trees twinkle with the illusion of falling snow up above, while her highness the Snow Queen meets guests below.
- North Pole ─ Adorable elves invite guests into the warmth of Santa’s home for a meet-and-greet and holiday photos, plus kids can write letters to Santa.
- Joy to the World ─ Tranquil pathway of warmly lit trees, luminaries and stained glass showcasing religious holidays from around the world and the new Twinkle Tunnel.
- Holiday Fire Pits – Five sections of the park feature wood-burning fire pits that warm the soul and are popular spots for toasting s’mores.
- Holiday Eats – The sweet and savory tastes of the holiday season can be found throughout the park like spiked egg nog, holiday-flavored coffee and hot chocolate, peppermint and mocha fudge, seasonal beers, festive funnel cakes, specialty holiday platters with cranberry sauce, chili bowls, harvest salads and hot soups.
- Festive Photo Spots – An antique sleigh, twinkling mistletoe, larger-than-life characters and decorations, Santa’s elaborate home, and a kiddie train are just a few of the fun photo spots guests can preserve their holiday memories.
Holiday in the Park Special Events
Holiday in the Park’s opening weekend features the incredible Holiday Express band in concert Nov. 17 at 4 p.m. and the show is free with park admission. Holiday Express is comprised of 1,700 volunteers including more than 100 professional musicians and delivers music, food, gifts, financial support and friendship to those in need during the holiday season.
On December 7, Six Flags theme parks across the country will celebrate the Polar Coaster Challenge. This quirky and frigid special event, named after the meteorological term for dramatically fluctuating temperatures expected for this winter, will challenge guests to ride the Nitro roller coaster in tank tops and shorts before park opening. More information will be announced soon on the park’s website.
The Central Jersey Blood Center will host a holiday blood drive December 7 in the park’s Employment Center from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Guests who donate a pint of blood will receive one theme park ticket valid for Holiday in the Park. Walk-ins are accepted, but appointments are encouraged and available by visiting the web.
The Coca-Cola Holiday Bear will make appearances in the park Dec. 21 and 22, and a joyous New Year’s Day Celebration returns Jan. 1 at 9 p.m. with fireworks, live entertainment and more.
More information about Holiday in the Park is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure