Custom Education Foundation, Gersh Academy, and their partners are heading to Six Flags Great Adventure for a sensory-friendly day where individuals on the autism spectrum, their educators, friends, and families can enjoy the day together.
Custom Education transforming the park:
- Designated decompression areas, stocked with sensory-friendly items like iPads, will be set up throughout the park, available only on the event day.
- Adjustments to the lights and music making it friendlier for the day of the event*
- Meet your national & local autism community! Learn what support, resources and services are available to you and your family.
- Special presentations throughout the day from high-profile professionals in the field of autism.
- In addition to Six Flags staff, a limited number of highly-trained special education staff from the Gersh Academy will be available throughout the park all day to assist families in whatever they may need.
*Please note that while every attempt has been made to create a sensory-friendly environment, due to the nature of the park some lights and sounds may still be present.
The park will be open exclusively for this fundraising event. As an exclusive event, complimentary tickets will not be accepted and Season Pass holders will need to purchase a ticket for admittance. All Season Dining Pass will not be valid during this private event, but 2018 Sport Bottles will be accepted at participating locations.
Rides and Attractions Available:
- JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis
- THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster
- BATMAN: The Ride
- Looney Tunes Seaport Kids Area
- Safari Kids Area
- Jolly Roger
- Skull Mountain
- Fender Benders Bumper Cars
- Deja Vu Scrambler
- Big Wheel
- Air Jumbo
- HARLEY QUINN Crazy Train
- THE JOKER
- GREEN LANTERN
- SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight
- The Twister
- Safari Off Road Adventure
- Edwards Airforce Base: Parachute Training Center
- Dare Devil Dive
- Great American Road Race - Go Karts
Loose Article Policy:
Loose articles are not permitted on most rides and should be left with non-riders or secured in lockers. Six Flags and its employees are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items, Loose articles include noise-cancelling headphones and assistive technology.
Stroller and Wheelchair Rentals:
If you require the use of a stroller or wheelchair, we can help! We offer a limited number of strollers, wheelchairs and electronically controlled vehicles for rent on a first—come, first—served basis. To rent yours, stop over on Main Street next to Guest Relations. Cash or credit card can be used for rentals. Wheelchair rentals are $25 and require a $25 deposit by a credit card, electronic convenience vehicles are $50 and require a $50 deposit by a credit card. Guest must be 18 years old or older to rent an ECV. Guest must be present with their own credit card to make the rental deposit and receive the deposit refund. We cannot reserve ECVs or take credit card information over the phone.
Equal Access Passes
The Ride Information Center will not be open during this event and Equal Access Passes will not be available.