UPCOMING 2019 AUDITIONS & SUPPORT POSITIONS
*Prior to Your Audition* Please complete the online pre-application at www.sixflagsjobs.com before attending an audition. This does not guarantee you a position, however, it is a requirement for employment.
Six Flags Great Adventure – Employment Center. Enter via Employee Entrance at 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ – park in employee parking lot, proceed to Employment Center.
Auditions begin at 5:00pm, no reservation/appointment required!
Dancers, Actor/Hosts, Characters, Specialty Performers
Have fun performing in an exciting, fast-paced environment, build your resume, and get paid to do it! We are looking for singers for the stage, host/dancers for children’s shows, a team of energetic dancers, super hero characters and actors to fill a variety of positions including street performers, costumed characters, and specialty performers. Positions are available seasonally thru Jan. 1, 2020.
Performer Position Descriptions:
- Dancers – Seeking intermediate/advanced dancers for in park shows and other opportunities. Background in musical theater, jazz, hip-hop, partnering and other dance techniques like tumbling a plus, great with children, willing to work in a bulky costume or full face makeup and extreme temperatures. $10.50/hr. See audition requirements.
- Characters – Seeking actors for costumed street character positions. Great people skills, especially with children, dance skills a plus, willing to work in a bulky costume and extreme temperatures, between the heights of 5’0 and 5’8, 16 years or older. $10.50/hr. See audition requirements.
- Specialty performer - Jugglers, stilt walkers, magicians, etc. Any specialty talent will be considered for premiere street shows. Willing to work in extreme temperatures. $10.50/hr. See audition requirements.
- Actor/ Super Hero Characters: Male height range 6’0”- 6’3” slender build, no body builder types, must have strong jawline and chin. Female height range 5’9” - 5’11” slim to athletic build with curves. Candidates must be confident, energetic and be able to portray heroic qualities. Must be willing to work in extreme temperatures. $15/hr. See audition requirements.
- Actor/ Hosts - Need Hosts for shows throughout the park. Must be outgoing, fun, energetic, strong presence, good on a microphone. 16 years or older. Must be willing to work in bulky costume and extreme temperatures. $10.50/hr. See audition requirements.
- Host/Actor - Come ready with a memorized 1-minute comedic monologue and show off your stage presence and personality.
- Super Hero Characters – Come ready with a memorized 1- minute dramatic monologue and be prepared to read a provided script.
- Dancers – Come ready to learn a short combination. Advanced dancers be ready to freestyle and demonstrate any special skills like tumbling.
- Specialty performers- Come prepared to show your talent. You may provide music but it must be playable through an Aux. cord. Six Flags does not provide equipment, so please bring whatever you will need to display your talents (example; Stilt walkers must provide their own stilts, jugglers must bring their own juggling equipment, etc.)
- Performers must possess the most superior skills for positions listed above as determined by the casting team and meet appropriate physical requirements to fit costumes.
- Entertainment runs from April 6th through Jan. 1st.
- Performers must have reliable transportation.
- Questions - 732/928-2000 ext. 2225 or email [email protected]
- Please enter through the employee entrance and report to the Showcase Theater.
- Anyone auditioning must be at least 16 years old.
- This is a closed audition. No spectators will be permitted.
Tips for Talent:
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled audition time to complete audition card.
- Please bring a recent headshot and resume with current contact information.
- Please know your (women) bust/hips/waist size, tights, shoe size; (men) inseam, waist, fitted shirt, jacket and shoe size.
- Please review the audition material requirements and come prepared.
- Please review the age, availability, transportation, and skill set requirements before auditioning. You will not be considered for a role if you do not meet the requirements listed in the casting notice.
- Please confirm that the pay rate is acceptable before attending an audition. Pay rates are not negotiable.
- Please do not email or call us after your audition. A Six Flags talent representative will call you within 2 to 3 weeks if you are cast.
Entertainment Support Positions Available (No Audition Required)
- Technicians: Work behind the scenes to bring our shows to life. Lighting and audio experience in community or College Theater a plus. Positions start from $10.50/hr.
- Theater Greeters: Show your energy and people skills as you welcome guests, uphold venue rules, uphold venue cleanliness and warm the crowds before our exciting stage shows. $10.00/hr.