September 12, 2018
Six Flags Great Adventure Announces Biggest Fright Fest Ever with Four New Haunted Attractions
‘Hell Fest’ Movie-Themed Maze Headlines Fright by Night Event
Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, will debut its biggest and scariest Fright Fest® in park history this fall. The Northeast’s Largest Halloween party runs weekends and select days September 15 through October 31 featuring more than 25 Halloween-themed shows and attractions, including the terrifying Hell Fest maze based on the new horror movie, Hell Fest, in theaters this fall. The scare factor continues to ramp up with newly-themed haunted houses, a heart-pounding new show, and the 20th season of the park’s iconic, live, stage spectacular – Dead Man’s Party.
Guests can enjoy Thrills By Day with all of their favorite rides and family-friendly entertainment; but after the sun sets, it’s Fright By Night with terrifying mazes, blood-curdling scare zones, spooktacular shows and monstrous rides in the dark.
New this season:
- Hell Fest – Guests can experience the maze from the movie Hell Fest – in theaters Sept. 28 – where all of their screams come true. It’s fun going in…but it’s hell getting out. Guests travel from room to room, terrorized by the grasping arms of the undead, haunted by dolls with minds of their own, and tormented by masked statues that spring to life when they least expect. They must find their way out, or risk being trapped by “The Other,” the movie’s deranged antagonist. Will they make it out alive? Fee required.
- Fears – Guests become immersed in the most paralyzing phobias and living nightmares, from creepy, crawly spiders to cramped spaces, from popping balloons to squirting blood. Can guests fight their fears and make it to the end without crumbling? Fee required.
- Blood Drums – Driving techno beats and live drums mix with rhythmic power tools and fire artistry to create a unique, pulse-pounding percussion show. Included with park admission.
- Reflections of the Dead – Guests come face-to-face with themselves as they desperately try to escape this modern-day mirror maze holding spirits from beyond the grave. This labyrinth of mystery and mayhem includes glowing LED lights, vanishing images, and confusion around every corner. Begins Sept. 28, fee required.
- Dead Man’s Party’s 20th Season – Celebrate the spectacular 20th season of Dr. Fright’s annual, iconic song-and-dance bash. This rock concert-meets-Broadway-style live show will feature new music, eye-popping special effects including lasers and pyrotechnics, a dynamic cast and all-new choreography by renowned dancer/choreographer Theresa Stone. Included with park admission.
In addition to the new frights, classic family favorites will return by popular demand:
- Trick-or-Treat Trail
- Professor Slithers’ Creepy Critters
- Spooky Kooky Magic Show
After 6 pm when the park takes a very dark turn, guests can expect their Halloween favorites like:
- The Arrival ghoul parade
- The Awakening
- Cell Block 6
- Demon District
All “monstertainment” shows, scare zones, Safari Off Road Adventure and world-class thrill rides are included with park admission, Season Pass and active Membership. Eight haunted mazes require an additional fee. Fright By Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.