January 22, 2018
Six Flags Great Adventure to Fill 4,000 Positions in 2018
Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor kick off the 2018 hiring season in early February as they launch their search for 4,000 team members to fill positions from March through December.
“Through four seasons, Six Flags offers incredible opportunities for practical, resume-building experience,” said Christine Parker, Six Flags Great Adventure’s director of human resources and administration. “We provide a place for many young workers to gain their first valuable work experience, as well as a stepping stone for others to grow and reach that next level in their careers.”
Recently named one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® by The National Association for Business Resources for the second year in a row, Six Flags offers a wide variety of positions and paid internships, and provides team members many benefits including advancement opportunities, reward and recognition programs, educational scholarships, free park admission, incentives from area businesses and much more.
Parker said that the theme and water parks are looking for friendly candidates of all ages and backgrounds, and is focused on setting applicants on their individual paths for success. “Those looking for a future in law enforcement can begin here in security or loss prevention; students exploring business have a wide variety of choices from marketing to finance and retail. We even offer very specialized positions for those studying animal behavior or zoology, culinary arts, theater and more. The opportunities are endless,” she said.
Adults and senior citizens also play a key role at Six Flags. “We provide great opportunities for those switching gears. We have the flexibility to find the right opportunity for adults picking up a second job, teachers on summer break, and retirees looking to supplement their income,” she said. “Because there is extensive room for growth, many find their second home here in a supervisory role or full-time job.”
The park will host a series of job fairs, auditions and rehiring events, as well as onsite recruiting throughout the tri-state area at approximately 75 high schools, colleges and special events. Before attending any spring hiring event, new applicants must visit www.sixflagsjobs.com to complete an online application, and rehires must complete their online rehire packet.
Six Flags Spring Hiring Events:
- Rehire Celebration – Feb. 1 from 12 to 6 p.m.
- All rehires are welcome for snacks and fun while hiring back in for the 2018 season.
- Six Flags Employment Center.
- Entertainment Auditions – Feb. 3 and 17 beginning at 1 p.m.
- Casting for actors, dancers, singers, show hosts, specialty performers (i.e. stilt walkers, jugglers) Safari guides and more. Please see audition schedule and requirements here.
- All rehires and new applicants are welcome. Showcase Theatre.
- Job Fairs – Feb. 10, March 11 and May 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
- All new applicants are welcome. Six Flags Employment Center.
- Employment Center – Beginning Feb. 1, Weds to Fri from 12 to 6 p.m., Saturday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All rehires and new applicants are welcome.
Where to Apply:
- Six Flags Great Adventure’s Employment Center
- 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ 08527
- Enter via Employment Entrance approximately one mile west of main park entrance.
- Showcase Theatre Auditions
- 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ 08527
- Enter via Employment Entrance approximately one mile west of main park entrance, park in employee lot, proceed to Security Gate 5 and follow signs to theater.
Ride operations, retail, games, park services, culinary services, admissions, guest relations/VIP services, market research, loss prevention, security, landscaping, safari guides, lifeguards, entertainment performers and show technical support, accounting, cash control, corporate alliance brand ambassadors, public relations and human resources.