Ever wonder what the animals do at night? Wonder no more with our overnight adventure. Crafts, games, animals, movies under the stars and s’more. Wake up to the alarm of a lion’s roar, enjoy breakfast with giraffes and enjoy a tour on our off road vehicles. Perfect for a group or scouts event!
Thanks for a great season of overnights! We look forward to spending the night in the safari with you next year. Check back for 2019 dates and booking information.
It's a wild good time, but don't take it from us:"This past weekend we camped out overnight in the Safari at Great Adventure! It's honestly one of the best events/attractions I've done at the park! They have the most amazing staff out of the entire park, as well. The event includes animal meet & greets, Giraffe feedings, an early morning SORA ride, and obviously camping overnight in Camp Aventura! " - Matt K.
|Season Pass||Check back for 2019 Pricing|
|Regular||Check back for 2019 Pricing|
- Check back for 2019 dates
Booking services will be available again when 2019 dates open for booking.
To book your overnight, print the order form in the 'Plan Your Event' box. Fill out the form completely selecting all applicable package details and payment methods and mail or fax the form to the address or fax number provided. Please call or e-mail to ensure the date you choose is available, prior to returning your order form.
Planning and Additional Questions
For help with planning your event and for additional questions, please contact a planning specialist using the 'Email Us' option in the 'Plan Your Event' section or calling the number provided. Guests can now enjoy the safari like never before with our Overnight Adventure! Pitch a tent at Camp Aventura right in the middle of our 350 acre Safari. Enjoy animal presentations, activities, movie under the stars and s’mores. The next morning wake up to the lion’s roar, feed our giraffes and tour our safari. We now offer FAMILY DAYS and SCOUT DAYS!
5:00 p.m. the night of until 11:00 a.m. the next morning
Pricing: (prices subject to change)
Check back for 2019 pricing
Anyone ages 5 and up (All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult).
*No one under 21 allowed on the 21 and older exclusive date. Must present proper ID.
5:00 – 5:45pm Check-in at Guest Drop off
6:00 – 6:30pm- Your vehicle will be escorted into our Safari near Camp Aventura to park
6:30 – 7:30pm Tent set up, dinner and overnight orientation
7:30 – 8:00pm Animal presentations and meet & greets
8:00 – 9:00pm Activities/Crafts
9:00 – 10:30pm Movie, camp fire and s’mores
11:00pm Lights Out
6:45am – Wake up & pack up
7:15 – 8:00am Breakfast
8:00 – 8:30am Giraffe encounter
8:30 – 10:00am Sunrise Safari Tour
10:00 – 10:30am Gift shop is open
10:30 - Your vehicle will be escorted back to the main parking lot
What To Bring
- Completed waivers for everyone in your group
- Tent that fits your entire group with stakes. No tents will be provided.
- Sleeping bags
- Battery powered air compressor
- Air mattress or foam pad
- Clothes for the next day
- Bug Spray
- Charged cell phone
- Flashlight or other battery operated light
Dinner: hamburgers, hot dogs, garden salad and beverages
Late Night Snack: cookies, popcorn, and s’mores
Breakfast: muffins, Danish, coffee, tea and assorted juice
*Note: menus are subject to change. If you have a food allergy please alert the staff before the overnight program date. If we can make accommodations we will, if not you will be permitted to bring your own food. There is no retro price if you cannot eat the food provided.
Here are some of the activities that might be a part of your overnight:
- Animal themed arts and crafts
- Sensory observations- with the lights out how do your other senses adjust?
- Yard games
- Animal themed games
- SCOUTS: please let us know what badge you are working on and we will cater the activities towards that!
How to Book and Payment
Check back for 2019 booking availability.
Once the payment and order forms are received, you will get a confirmation email. About one week prior a Safari Programs staff member will contact you to make sure you are all set. Please have the following ready:
- Any questions for clarification
- Any special requirements; food allergies, need of wheelchair accessible truck
- Ages of any children in your group
Refunds will not be granted for cancelations. In the event of severe inclement weather, it may be necessary to reschedule. We will try to find a date that works best for you. If there is no date, we will grant a refund. If we have to cancel for any reason a full refund will be granted.
Late or Early Arrivals
If you need to leave early at any point during the program, please let the Safari Programs staff know immediately. If you cannot make the check in time, please let the Safari Programs team know ahead of time. There will be no refunds given for any part of the program not attended.
Arriving Late or Early
- If you are running late the day of your overnight please call 732-928-2000 ext. 2221 or 732-730-4185.
- Use the Main Theme Park Entrance and stay in the right lane.
- Follow signs for GUEST DROP OFF AREA. It will be a right side entrance. OVERNIGHT signs will also be there. There is no fee for this parking lot.
- Please park your car facing the main road of which you just came from. This will make it easier to leave the parking lot.
- After you park please head to the table where the Safari Programs staff is.
- Please give all names
- Please hand in your completed waivers
- You will receive:
- Name tags for everyone in your group
- Giraffe feeding tickets for everyone in your group
- The Code of Conduct for Overnight Program
- Once you have gotten your items you can wait at your car until everyone is checked in. The safari programs staff will let you know when it’s time to make our way to the camp site.
Driving to the Camp Location
- Since we will be caravanning, it is important to stay close to the car in front of you especially when going through gates. (We have to keep animals clear of certain areas, therefore gaps in the line are a hindrance, please stay with the car in front of you).
- When driving through safari, the animals have the right of way.
- Please keep windows closed. Touching the animals is not permitted.
- Follow the directions of the parking attendants. We want to make sure everyone’s car fits.
When can I use the included theme park tickets?
The tickets are good for a one-time use on either of the overnight dates. They may be picked up at Guest Relations located to the left at the main gate.
Please note: If you are going to the theme park the day of, allow yourself time to get to the check in area.
What exactly is Camp Aventura?
Camp Aventura is a walk around animal area that is home to parrots, exotic reptiles, giant anteater, two-toed sloth, skunk, barn owls, farm animals and our giraffe feeds. This area is the half way mark of the Safari off Road Adventure tour and is in the middle of Safari. This is open to the public on daily operating days. For the overnight program, guest will be leaving as you are arriving and arriving the next morning as you’re leaving.
What shouldn’t I bring?
- Any electronic devices or appliances.
- Noise makers
- Pots and pans
- Bluetooth speakers/Boom boxes
- Hunting knives or anything equivalent
Are there bathrooms?
Yes. There are men and women public bathrooms with sinks. There are no showers. The bathrooms will be available all night and have a light right outside them.
Is there a smoking section?
Yes. It is right next to the bathroom. Even though the entire event is outdoors please only use the designated smoking area.
Can I bring my RV and sleep in there?
Unfortunately we cannot allow RVs at our camp site location.
Are you wheelchair accessible?
Yes. We have 2 trucks that can accommodate 2 wheelchairs per truck. We have safety straps to secure the wheelchairs. Unfortunately, we do not allow motorized scooters or wheelchairs. We do have wheelchairs that you can transfer to if necessary. Please inform us of anyone using a wheelchair so we can get the proper trucks ready.
How should I dress?
Dress for the weather taking into account the overnight temperature. Wear comfortable shoes (we recommend sneakers) that you don’t mind getting dirty. Hat and sunglasses are strongly suggested.
Are service animals allowed?
For the safety of your service animal and the safety of our animals, we do not allow service animals aboard the trucks or at Camp Aventura.
Can I touch the animals?
Certain animals are off limits to touch, but the Safari Programs staff will guide you to animals you are able to interact with!
Is there a place I can plug my electronics into?
There will be no electric access provided
I need a breathing machine, can I bring that?
Yes you can. Please tell the Safari Programs Staff about it before your overnight date.
Where will my car be parked? Will I have access to it?
Your car will be parked in a parking lot at the camping site.You will have access to it throughout the program. You will not be able to drive your car right up to your camping site.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Anyone in violation of these rules are subject to removal from the event without a refund.
- No alcohol
- This is a family oriented event; please refrain from cruel and vulgar language and watch noise levels when quiet hours begin.
- A responsible adult must accompany anyone under the age of 18.
- Animal areas are off limits during quiet hours (overnight)
- Animal areas are off limits without Safari Programs staff present.
- Please stay with your group or in the designated event areas.
- NJ is a no touch state when it comes to exotic animals. Certain animals are off limits for interactions. The staff will guide you as to which ones you are able to interact with.
- There will be no mistreatment of animals including, spitting/throwing things at them, hitting, grabbing or squeezing.