The Biggest Mardi Gras Festival in Texas Returns to Six Flags Fiesta Texas on January 14.
Floats, Food and Fun with a New Orleans Flair
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — January 12, 2023 — Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the Thrill Capital of South Texas, announces the return of the spectacular New Orleans-style celebration, the Mardi Gras Festival. Each operating day from January 14 through February 26, Six Flags Fiesta Texas will “let the good times roll” as it transforms into a Texas version of downtown New Orleans, complete with beautifully adorned parade floats, special live entertainment, Mardi Gras-themed Park décor and classic Cajun cuisine.
The Mardi Gras Festival features 11 authentic floats handcrafted by world-renowned float designer, Kern Studios, making it the biggest parade in park history. The intricately designed floats will represent a variety of themes, including the Mardi Gras King and Queen, Dia de los Muertos, and other celebrations from around the world, like Rio’s Carnival.
Mardi Gras and music go hand-in-hand, and this year features several shows including the following:
- NEW – Fat Tuesday’s Jamboree at the Bon Ami Bayou – The Bonami Family brings the party to you and performs their favorite Cajun ditties;
- NEW – Party Gras with The Looney Tunes – Tap your feet and feel the music. It’s Party Gras! This blend of Cajun and French Quarter Jazz will have you wanting to join the Looney Tunes in the streets of Los Festivales for this epic party;
- NEW – The French Quarternotes – This band will get you in that New Orleans mood with some great Mardi Gras tunes! Come celebrate hits like “Proud Mary” and “Down on the Corner.” Laissez le bon temps rouler;
- NEW – Vieux Carre Vixens – Grab a seat, wet your whistle at Thirst Buffalo Saloon and enjoy the fast-paced, vivacious entertainment of Madame Lulu and her saloon gals;
- Kings of N’Awlins Swing – Welcome back this amazing group of musicians as they bring the N’awlins Swing sound to you! There’s nothing like the sweet sounds of “When The Saints Go Marching In” echoing through the streets of Rockville;
- King William Brass Band –Let the good times roll with King William Jazz Band in Rockville Plaza! Enjoy this high energy show featuring all your Big Easy favorites;
- Voodoo Krewe – Come along as the amazing performers take you on an authentic New Orleans style journey with a display of song and dance and a voodoo twist;
- Mardi Gras Parade– Join us for the biggest Mardi Gras Parade in park history! Colorful floats brighten up the streets of Rockville while costumed characters toss beads to onlookers who gather up these souvenirs as a reminder of their day. Street entertainers perform alongside the parade as they escort the krewe through the park.
Food is another big part of the Mardi Gras experience. From beignets and hurricanes to mouth-watering gumbo and jambalaya, Taste of Mardi Gras Food Festival is serving up plenty of Cajun cuisine from seven different locations in the Rockville area of the park. Adult beverages like New Orleans Hurricanes and a Bourbon Street Fish Bowl are also on the menu, as well as a wide variety of seasonal and craft beer.
If food, drinks, parades and live entertainment are not enough, guests may also visit The Houngan House of Voodoo. This voodoo-themed walk-thru attraction features a voodoo priest who lures inquisitive guests through room after room of his cursed French Quarter shop filled with magical dolls, potions, charms and gris-gris. This attraction is included with park admission.
For more information on the Mardi Gras Festival visit, https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/events/mardi-gras-event-1
About Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The Thrill Capital of South Texas, is home to more than 60 rides, shows and attractions. Opened in 1992, the park was built on the site of an old limestone quarry, which provides a spectacular backdrop for such exciting roller coasters as The Iron Rattler, Batman: The Ride and Superman Krypton Coaster. In addition, Fiesta Texas boasts an impressive line-up of seasonal events and live entertainment, including Mardi Gras Festival, Fright Fest, and Holiday in the Park.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For 60 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Follow us on Twitter @SF_FiestaTexas
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/sixflagsfiestatexas
Follow us on Instagram @sixflagsfiestatexas
Follow us on YouTube @SixFlagsFiestaTexas