Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Announces Renaissance Days
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, the Thrill Capital of Northern California, in partnership with LAVA Productions and The Northern California Renaissance Faire, today announced a new whimsical event — Renaissance Days. A unique limited time addition to the park’s popular Marine World Experience, Renaissance Days will transport guests back to the Renaissance Era as they encounter wondrous characters in colorful costumes, hearty food, period shops, and fanciful décor, in a safe and fun environment. Six Flags worked in partnership with its health and epidemiologist consultants to create an enjoyable visit that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines for sanitization, hygiene, and social distancing protocols. Guests must make reservations to visit and park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and ensure safe social distancing. Per state requirements, rides will not be in operation.
“Six Flags continues to be a leader in providing innovative new experiences for our guests,” said Park President Janine Durette. “Renaissance Days is just the latest example of creatively integrating the amazing animals we are known for with a completely new event that provides an exciting and unique way for guests to safely experience the park.”
Comprehensive safety measures that continue to be enforced at the park include the following:
- All team members, and all guests two years and up, will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the park;
- A limited number of characters will always remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;
- Decorations, tables, benches, handrails, and all dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
- Multiple hand-washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the park for guest and team member usage.
Renaissance Days will run Saturdays and Sundays during the month of March. The event features a variety of safe activities for families to enjoy including:
- An audience with the queen and her royal court in all their majesty;
- Themed décor that recreates the look and feel of the period;
- Up to 20 different artisans selling their handcrafted wares;
- Encounters with a colorful cast of characters;
- A variety of interactive entertainment that brings the event to life;
- Opportunities for guests to dress in costume themselves within Six Flags guidelines;
- Exhibits and presentations throughout the park to meet and learn more about the animals in Discovery Kingdom’s care; and
- Delectable foods including turkey legs, meat pies, roasted nuts, hearty ale, and much more. Huzzah!