Date: Saturday, May 21
Time: 12:00 – 6:00pm
Application & Audition
Monster Maker Applicants will be judged on:
• Makeup application & makeup creativity
• Costume design & costume practicality
• Management skills & personalization
• Time management & organizational skills
• Understanding of the park product
• Artists will be rated by models as to how they were treated
We look to hire artists that:
• Can create unique Fright Fest looks that meet our standards from head to toe, start to finish.
• Have an Intermediate knowledge about costuming AND make up
• Work well under pressure and as a team
• Are outgoing and can help lift our freaks and help them to feel welcomed and valued.
Meeting your freaks
• Getting to know them and assisting them the event.
• In addition to the creative role, you will be expected to help mentor and grow your actors into Fabulous Fright Fest Freaks! This includes giving constructive criticism and lots of compliments.
• Each Monster Maker will be responsible for 20-30 freaks.
Designing the costume
• Pulling what we have in our inventory or building from scratch when applicable. We are going for unique costumes not seen other places.
• Monster Makers are responsible for weekly costume repairs.
• Monster Makers are responsible for weekly laundering of their assigned costumes.
• Designing a makeup look that goes with the theme of the zone, character, and costume.
• Consistently applying the makeup nightly.
• Assisting the Freaks with nightly makeup removal.
Maintaining the Product quality
• Keeping the look consistent and keeping up on any needed repairs.
• Monster Makers are responsible for cleaning and maintaining their equipment and station.
• Monster Makers are responsible for cleaning products used in shared creative spaces.
• They will help inventory and take notes on costume pieces, and launder character costumes at the end of the run as well.
How do you apply and get an audition time slot?
Start your application process here! If you are selected to audition, someone will be in touch to schedule your time. Please plan to be at the park from 11am for registration through 6pm.