Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger goes vertical!
The construction process has begun for our newest coaster, Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger. Steel columns and sections of track will now begin to change the Six Flags Fiesta Texas skyline. The station and lift hill track is complete. The topping off, or competition of the highest section of track, is schedule to take on Tuesday, March 1. Work will then progress forward following the course of the ride.
The link above will be continuously updated with images, time lapse video and other assets to tell the exciting story of Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger.
Notable upcoming media opportunities include:
- Construction Tours – Get up close and personal with the construction process and take a first-hand look at the work that goes into building a roller coaster.
- Track Topping Off – This moment marks the installation of the cliffhanger hold element and the completion of the highest section of track.
- Train Unveiling – Be the first to see the sleek new trains as they’re unwrapped and revealed to the public for the first time.
- Golden Bolt – A ceremonial Golden Bolt will mark the completion of ride construction as we prepare to send the coaster for its first test runs.
In addition, there are many other unique and interesting opportunities for engaging content to suit a variety of needs. To arrange your visit or request to have your outlet added to our distribution list, please contact:
Marketing & Communications Manager
Key features of Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger include:
• Three sleek trains with three rows of passengers, seated seven across;
• 2,501 feet of soaring track;
• Thrilling anticipation while the ride vehicle pauses in a face-first cliffhanger hold before plummeting 150 feet;
• Spectacular, beyond-vertical, 95-degree first drop;
• A second 75-foot, near-vertical drop;
• An Immelmann inversion, during which riders enter a half-loop, followed by a half twist, then exit the element traveling in the opposite direction making a 180-degree turn;
• Four intense elements, including an extreme airtime hill, wild-banked turn, high-speed spiral, and 270-degree zero-g roll;
• Speeds of up to 60 mph;
• Immersive steampunk theming that tells the story of Dr. Diabolical’s plot to harvest fear;
• Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger is a custom-designed roller coaster created by Bolliger & Mabillard.
For more information visit Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger
About Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The Thrill Capital of South Texas, is home to more than 60 rides, shows and attractions. Opened in 1992, the park was built on the site of an old limestone quarry, which provides a spectacular backdrop for such exciting roller coasters as The Iron Rattler, Batman: The Ride and Superman Krypton Coaster. In addition, Fiesta Texas boasts an impressive line-up of seasonal events and live entertainment, including Mardi Gras Festival, Fright Fest, and Holiday in the Park.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For nearly 60 years, Six Flags has entertained hundreds of millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.