October Blood Drive
Did you know your blood can save lives?
Join us for our Summer Blood Drive on Saturday, October 20 to benefit the Blood Centers of the Pacific. You'll be a hero!
The Donor Mobile will be stationed at the main entrance of the park and open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Each donor will receive a free admission ticket to enjoy the park.
Since the blood drive is very popular, we encourage you to schedule an appointment on the BloodHeroes web site. Be sure to use the code SFDK to be eligible for the blood drive at our location. Limited walk-up appointments are available.
- Arrive well nourished and hydrated before donating
- Get a good night's sleep
- Be sure to bring your personal identification, such as photo I.D. (driver's license, work or school ID with picture and full name), or passport.
- You must be age 16 or over
- Weight should be at least 110 lbs.
- Be prepared to list all countries (and cities/areas) you have visited within the past 12 months
- Wear a top with loose-fitting sleeves so that the nurses can check your blood pressure and locate the best vein to use to collect your blood
10 Reasons to Donate Blood
- Blood transfusions save lives
- There is no substitute for human blood
- Every three seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood
- One pint of blood, separated into components, can help up to three people
- Offers a way to give back to your community
- You will receive free wellness screenings, including blood pressures, cholesterol and iron level every time you donate
- You will learn your blood type
- You will earn hero reward points toward goodies, including a free admission ticket to the park!
- It is safe, simple and it saves lives