12 Do’s and Don’ts to Have the Best Day at Six Flags
What actions to take to have the best visit possible
The actions you take during your visit will greatly affect your time at the park. We’ve put together a handy guide to highlight what to do and what not to do to make the most of your visit. These 12 do’s and don’ts will help ensure you have the best day ever.
- DO dress comfortably. Wear some Coppertone® sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, a hat, and sunglasses. Bring a jacket for cool evenings.
- DO ride Medusa at least twice. One time just isn’t enough to experience the drops, loops, and seven upside-down inversions on this floorless coaster.
- DO ride water rides in the mid-afternoon. Beat the heat during the hottest part of the day to cool off and rejuvenate for the rest of your visit.
- DO watch an animal show. You don’t want to miss our animal shows. Catch your breath between rides to witness the learned behaviorsof our tigers, sea lions, dolphins, and walruses.
- DO plan a meeting spot for your group. Review the park layout and designate an easy-to-find place to check in during the day. For example, the Dolphin Fountain or Lakeside Plaza for lunch.
- DO slow down to re-energize. Grab a seat in the shade to give your feet a break, drink some water to hydrate from screaming so much, or take it easy on a smaller ride. You’ll stay refreshed all day and be able to spend more time at the park.
- DON’T rush your time. Arrive early and stay late so you have plenty of time to experience everything the park has to offer.
- DON’T bring everything you own. Pack light so you don’t have to lug around a bag. Use our all-day lockers if you need a storage space.
- DON’T force anyone on a ride. Make sure children are comfortable before boarding. If in doubt, stick to our mild or family thrills that everyone can enjoy together.
- DON’T be afraid to be silly. Pose with the Looney Tunes gang, conquer your fears on our numerous roller coasters and spend the day giggling with friends.
- DON’T forget to bring your Sports Bottle. It’s important to stay hydrated during the day. Be sure to bring your Sports Bottle on every visit to take advantage of our unlimited soft drink refills.
- DON’T forget where you parked. When you arrive, take a digital photo of the sign closest to your car. After a long day at the park, simply scroll back through your photos and you’ll know right where to go.