(UPPER MARLBORO, Md) – September 18, 2018 — Six Flags America, DC’s Thrill Capital, is preparing to unleash pandemonium and fear in a way like never before. Fright Fest returns Saturday, September 22 and the park is leaving no tombstone unturned to deliver what guests want most…an all-out terrifying experience. This year’s Fright Fest features more than 15 haunted attractions, thrilling coasters in the dark, four new shows, two new haunted houses and a new scare zone.
“Every year we ramp up the scare factor with innovative thrills to deliver the best Halloween event in the region, bar none,” said Park President Rick Howarth. "This is our best year ever for incredible, truly frightening entertainment.”
New this year, two haunted houses incorporate state-of-the-art makeup, props, and special effects:
• The Crypt – this forsaken place will strike fear when mysteries are unearthed;
• Total Damnation – chamber by chamber, guests must find their way out with the possibility of some going missing along the way.
Four new shows include:
• Sid Presents: The Midway Massacre – a fight to the death leaves only one person left inside the stunt arena;
• FLESH – burlesque with dark music and red-hot dance moves;
• The Awakening – blood, dancing and a horrifying experience; and
• Cur2ed (Cursed) and Cur2ed After Dark – the story continues with everyone’s favorite ghost hunters uncovering another mystery.
One new scare zone:
• Sideshow Row – creepy mutants and monsters fill the streets of Mardi Gras.
Thrills by Day offers friendly ghosts and ghouls and a host of family-friendly Halloween attractions. Be warned…after 6:00 p.m., Fright by Night is not recommended for children 13 and under.
Fright Fest opens Saturday, September 22 and runs every Saturday and Sunday until October 28 with special Friday openings on October 19 and 26 at 5 p.m. for Fright by Night only. On select nights the park will remain open until 11:00 p.m., please check the website for hours of operation.