Six Flags America Begins 2016 with Largest Addition of New Attractions in More than a Decade
Including the all-new Holiday in the Park!
Six Flags America is ready to open on March 25 as the closest destination for Spring Break fun. This is the beginning of a season full of surprises for thrill-seekers and the entire family. Guests will be delighted to discover the largest addition of new experiences in more than a decade.
Throughout the year, guests will enjoy:
- SUPERMAN Ride of Steel – this 215 feet tall coaster, one of the region’s favorite, will open with beautiful new trains and a fresh facelift in preparation for the summer launch of…
- SUPERMAN Ride of Steel Virtual Reality Coaster — available this summer, the rush of this emblematic hyper roller coaster, plus the adrenaline of being in the middle of a realistic 360-degree virtual world, will transport thrill seekers to an entirely new dimension. Riders will soar through Metropolis and join the fight as SUPERMAN uses his heat vision to destroy Lex Luthor and his Lexbots, all while traveling at speeds of up to 73 miles per hour.
- An entire fleet of new vehicles at the Big Easy Speedway (go-karts);
- Shiny new cars at family favorite, Coyote Creek Crazy Cars (bumper cars);
- A world-class new line-up of shows including, Legend of the West: A Stunt Spectacular, written and performed by Six Flags America’s internationally recognized team of producers and performers;
- Chop Six – Six Flags’ own new restaurant featuring delicious Asian cuisine prepared fresh throughout the day;
- Splashwater Falls — a new, multi-level water play attraction at Hurricane Harbor Water Park featuring dozens of slides, nets, sprays and geysers, plus a super-sized tipping bucket (Hurricane Harbor Opening Day is May 28, included free with park admission);
- New family bath-house added to Hurricane Harbor and located adjacent to the new Splashwater Falls;
- Holiday in the Park — introducing the most exciting seasonal event with millions of dazzling lights, live entertainment, seasonal treats and of course – a festive selection of theme park rides;
- Special events all season long including July 4th Fest, National Funnel Cake Day, National Coaster Day, the SIXtreme BMX Stunt Show, Fright Fest and many more.
“With the addition of Splashwater Falls and the Superman Ride of Steel Virtual Reality Coaster, plus Holiday in the Park and so many more improvements, this season truly is the biggest for Six Flags America in more than a decade,” said Rick Howarth, park president. “From Spring Break through Holiday in the Park, guests simply won’t be able to experience everything in just one visit.”
Six Flags America, Maryland’s only theme park, opens March 25 and will offer ten straight days of thrills during Spring Break through April 3; including the celebration of a special springtime tradition, Easter Weekend presented by PEEPS®, on March 26 and March 27.
With a 2016 Season Pass, guests can enjoy Six Flags America and Hurricane Harbor all season long plus the all-new Splashwater Falls, SUPERMAN Virtual Reality Coaster, Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park. Through May 1, guests will receive one free Season Parking Pass for every four Season Passes purchased. Season Dining Passes are also available offering a variety of delicious choices for all tastes and the best option to save on dining all season long.
Editor’s Note: More information about Opening Day and the New Attractions, images, logos and b-roll HERE
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 55 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics. (s16)