More Fright-Filled Nights and a 30-Hour Couples Coffin Challenge Kick off Fright Fest at Six Flags America
(UPPER MARLBORO, Md) – September 9, 2019 — Six Flags America, DC’s Thrill Capital, announces a ghoulishly good time with Fright Fest®. This year’s event features seven terrifying weekends in a row beginning September 21 through November 3 and the return of the 30-Hour Coffin Challenge with a demented new twist.
“No one does Halloween like Six Flags. Every year we introduce new and scarier experiences,” said Park President Rick Howarth. “This year’s event is our biggest ever with more roaming zombies, killer new shows, and monster coaster rides in the dark. We are also bringing back the Coffin Challenge with more prize money on the line and a couple’s competition. Everyone will be dying to celebrate the biggest Halloween event in the region.”
New for 2019:
• Four Bonus Days – October 31, November 1, November 2 and November 3;
• CURS3D – A horror musical inside the Grand Theatre. Two vampire slayers encounter more terror, more monsters and more blood than they bargained for when they return to Dracula’s lab to slay him. (CURS3D After Dark show is R-rated and not recommended for children under 13);
• Doctor’s Revenge – A stunt show inside the Stunt Arena. After Dr. Frankenstein’s wife is killed, he will do whatever it takes to resurrect her and that;s something Van Helsing cannot allow;
• 30-Hour Couples Coffin Challenge – This wildly popular event returns for a second season. Six pre-selected couples will lay side-by-side in a wooden coffin from 4:00 p.m. Friday, September 27 until 10:00 p.m. Saturday, September 28 with lots of horrifying challenges in between for a grand prize of $600. Interested couples of all kinds (siblings, cousins, friends, lovers, etc.) may complete the application at https://sixflags.com/america/coffin-challenge; and
• The Awakening – This terrifying show in GOTHAM ARENA launches Six Flags America into Fright by Night. Experience a new level of horror as Dr. Frankenstein and Van Helsing battle for supremacy.
• FLESH – Risqué, red-hot dance moves are the highlight of this show inside The Crazy Horse Saloon.
• Total Damnation – Chamber by chamber, guests must find their way out with the possibility of some going missing along the way. Located in Ghost Town.
• Twisted Fairy Tales 3D – There’s a new catch and no happily ever after here with minimal lighting, 3D glasses and the addition of UV flashlights. Located in Ghost Town.
All “monstertainment” shows, scare zones, and world-class thrill rides are included with park admission, active Memberships and Season Passes. Six haunted mazes require an additional fee. Fright By Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with $1.5 billion in revenue and 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @SixFlagsDC
Like us on Facebook at @SixFlagsAmerica
Follow us on Instagram at @sixflagsamerica