7 Amazing Spots to Take a Photo at the Park
Six Flags America is filled with stunning attractions and scenery that make awesome photo backdrops. Get your camera ready to snap all those picture-perfect moments of your friends next to our rides, characters, and park décor. For the best pictures possible, stop by these seven spots in the park for fantastic photos you can’t get anywhere else.
- The colonial architecture in the front street of the park and the patriotic statue makes for a great setting for a photo. Here’s a hint, return later in the day once most guests have arrived and less people are on the street.
- Position your friends right in front of the new Bourbon Street Fireball. Pose them to where the track appears to circle around them.
- The twists and turns of THE JOKER’s Jinx draws a cool design in the sky right above your family.
- The architecture of the Grand Theater and the whirling colors of the Flying Carousel make a beautiful backdrop for a picture.
- Let the height of SUPERMAN: Ride of Steel and the 205-foot first drop make for a dramatic scene as your group strolls the adjacent walkway. Try to time your picture as the coaster is cresting over the big drop in the background.
- If you’re enjoying some time at Hurricane Harbor, have your group stand in front of the towering Bonzai Pipelines. It’s colorful and adds some excitement above your friends’ heads.
- The Carousel makes for gorgeous shots day or night. Put on a silly face as you ride around on your favorite horse, or capture your child’s happy expression on his or her first theme park ride. At night, stand back a few feet to capture the elegance and twinkling lights of the canopy.
*Tim Baldwin – editor of RollerCoaster! Magazine, staff writer at Amusement Today and Communications Director for American Coaster Enthusiasts – contributed to this article.