June 20, 2013
Six Flags St. Louis Honors Military with Salute to Heroes July 3-7
Free Admission for Active U.S. Military Members, Military Displays, Flyover’s and Fireworks Highlight the Event to Benefit Operation Homefront
EUREKA, Mo. – June 20, 2013 – To honor the men and women serving our country, Six Flags St. Louis hosts its fourth annual Salute to Heroes on July 3-7. All Active Duty, National Guard and Reservists will receive complimentary admission to the theme park with a valid U.S. military ID. Guests will enjoy various vintage military displays, flyovers and firework shows throughout the week. The event will kick off with a special surprise reuniting of a military family on July 3.
In addition to free admission for active military, veterans and family members with valid military identification will receive a discounted ticket of $32.99 at the Main Gate. The general public can also purchase tickets for $35.99 online with the code “HERO” with Six Flags donating $3.00 from each ticket to Operation Homefront. Discover will match Six Flags St. Louis’ donation up to $5,000, which will be given to the Kansas/Missouri Operation Homefront chapter. Additionally, be sure to start following the Discover Facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/Discover and Twitter handle at twitter.com/Discover starting July 1, 2013 as they announce plans for a donation to Operation Homefront’s national chapter.
In Park Displays and Events
• Discover Reunites Military Family - On July 3rd, Discover will be surprising a family with the homecoming of a military parent who has been deployed for over a year.
• Fallen Heroes Dream Ride - Fallen Heroes Dream Ride will feature a themed truck driven in memory of L.Cpl. Phillip Vinnedge on July 3, 5, 6 and 7. Fallen Heroes Dream Ride honors the children of fallen American Soldiers.
• Coca Cola ERT to Benefit Operation Homefront – Coke is offering you exclusive ride time on July 4. Bringing in a full, unopened Coke product with a paid admission ticket or season pass, will grant you early access to American Thunder, Moon Cars, Log Flume, SHAZAM!, Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters and MR. FREEZE: Reverse Blast from 9:30 am to 10:30 am. All Coke products will be donated to Operation Homefront.
• Daily Flyovers - A B25-J and an Avenger airplane provided by the Commemorative Air Force’s Missouri Wing will perform a flyover of the park each day at 2:30 pm.
• Vintage Military Displays - The Military Vehicle Preservation Association will display vintage military vehicles throughout the park each day.
• Fireworks - A spectacular fireworks display will take place nightly July 4-7 at 9:05 pm, with the exception of Saturday night which will kick off at 10:05 pm.
Operation Homefront provides financial and other assistance to the families of service members and wounded warriors. Since its inception in 2002, Operation Homefront has met more than 741,000 needs of military families and has provided more than $170 million of funding to programs benefitting military families. Operation Homefront’s programs provide support for a warrior’s mental and physical recuperation, provide school supplies to children of service members, and also provide low-cost housing for military families. For more information about Operation Homefront visit www.operationhomefront.net.