September 23, 2013
Six Flags St. Louis Presents Expanded Fright Fest with
Extra Days, New Haunted Attractions and More Scare Zones
Theme Park’s Annual Halloween Celebration Is Bigger and Scarier in 2013
Eureka, MO — September 23, 2013 — Six Flags St. Louis’ 2013 Fright Fest®, which is presented by Snickers®, gives guests more days and longer hours to scream over the park’s new haunted attractions. Kicking off on Saturday, September 28, Fright Fest will run five weekends and feature the new haunted maze, Total Darkness, and the new hayride, Zombie Paintball Apocalypse. Fright Fest will also feature more freakishly frightening characters lurking about in their new areas throughout the park. It’s Thrills by Day and Fright by Night at the World’s Largest Halloween Party.
Thrills By Day
The daylight hours offer not-so-scary shows and attractions suitable for all fright thresholds.
- Macabre Mansion — Visitors can learn the story of the Macabre family misfortune while touring the family home where story telling takes place throughout the day and treat bags are given out to guests 12 years of age and under.
- Love At First Fright — A Fright Fest favorite, the Grand Witch is searching for the perfect brain for her beloved Frankie. The wicked cast of this live musical includes Wolfe, Riff, The Bride of Frankenstein and more.
- Deadman’s Party — Special effects and ghoulish dancing by our cast of creatures make this musical review to die for.
- Trick or Trance Hypnosis — Direct from Las Vegas, Steve Daly returns to the Empire Theatre and invites volunteers to be hypnotized on stage in front of a live audience.
- Hay Maze —This area features spooky twists and turns just for young ghouls and boys.
Fright By Night
Freaks Unleashed, the ceremonial arrival of our creatures at the St. Louis Train Station, signals that the hour of terror and chaos has come. As guests make their way through the park, they will encounter not only our haunted attractions but gruesome scare zones that some may not be brave enough to enter.
- Total Darkness — New for 2013! This newest haunted house attacks ones sense of direction and sensitivity to sound…all surrounded by darkness. Guests attempt to make their way through this maze where doorways lead to nowhere and hallways seem unending, while their screams are lost in the maddening music. Unfortunately, guests will not be alone in the darkness.
- Zombie Paintball Apocalypse — New for 2013! Riders take their place on wagons armed with special paintball guns that fire tracer rounds into the night. The mission: rid the woods of a band of rogue zombies that have taken over.
- Blind Fury — This abandoned toy factory has been taken over by demented toys who taunt guests making their way through disorienting hallways filled with moving doors, vibrating walls, blinding lights and unnerving special effects.
- The Slaughter House — One must make their way through the underground corn maze before entering through the body storage room where the real terror begins. Winding through these gruesome and disturbing rooms will become a game of survival.
- Insanity Alley — Unsettling sights and chilling characters lurk behind every turn in this outdoor maze filled with chaos and fear. Surrounded by uncertainty, it is every man, or freak, for himself.
- Holidead Express — New in 2013! Demons have escaped the underworld, using holiday magic as their window into our world. They have taken on the persona of an iconic symbol who had brought joy to all and twisted him into an evil mockery, marking the beginning of an eternal holiday of doom.
- Freakout Circus — Will Rotten and his band of misfits return with three different shows each day that will make you squirm. Their hair-raising, spine-tingling feats include fire eating, sword swallowing, knife juggling and more.
- Scare Zones — Throughout the night guests encounter bands of unsavory characters who have claimed an area of the park as their own. Travelers should take great caution when passing through these scare zones including Gnawlin’s Hollow new for 2013, Sinister Clowns, Zombieville, Minions of the Scare-O-Jack and The Seven Deadly Sins.
- ScreamerSky — New for 2013! During Fright Fest nights only, SkyScreamer will be going backward giving guests a frightful new twist on the view from 260 feet above the park.
Fright Fest takes place Saturday, September 28 through Sunday, October 27, beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Fridays and 12 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Closing times and Fright Fest product may vary by day and weather conditions. Guests purchasing a 2014 Season Pass can enjoy next season and attend this year’s Fright Fest too. When guests purchase and process four or more Season Passes at only $54.99 (plus tax) each by October 27, they will receive a free upgrade to a “Gold Season Pass” which includes Free season parking pass for each pass, early entry into the park and an additional “bring a friend” ticket. A Season Pass offers the best value with unlimited visits to the theme park and water park, a coupon book featuring over $300 in special offers and admission to all Six Flags theme parks.