September 25, 2012
Six Flags New England Unearths New Haunted Attractions with Thrills by Day, Fright by Night
Six Flags New England is terrified to announce that a cadre of spooky haunts and frighteningly creepy creatures are being unearthed for Fright Fest Presented by SNICKERS®, New England’s most anticipated Halloween event. Fright Fest is open weekends, September 29 through October 28 and promises to be eerier than ever.
As the sun goes down, fright takes over the night. Guests can explore fear-filled favorites like the Midnight Mansion, Wicked Woods, and Slayer’s Lair – a 1,000-foot path that leads curious wanderers deep into the heart of a demon ridden Southern bayou. Those daring enough to delve into unknown territory are invited to take a trip through Six Flags New England’s brand new haunt zone – Demon District. The remains of this industrial city are littered with citizens whose hobbies include torturing and teasing unsuspecting tourists. Lurking amongst them lies a band of psychotic clowns wreaking havoc at their newly crafted Terror Twist and CREEPSHOW FREAKSHOW Cavalcade of the Odd.
NEW in 2012 – Hypnosterics with master hypnotist Jim Spinnato. Volunteers from the audience are put in a trance to uncover their deepest, darkest secrets. And, for the first time ever, the Midnight Mansion is opening its doors for a midday tour offering guests less fright and more light as they’re guided through the Mansion’s halls by one of the friendlier inhabitants.
Also NEW for the 2012 season, Six Flags is excited to release a multitude of zombies during the 1st Zombie Fright Run presented by MGM Springfield! Can you survive or will you become lunch? Take on the new Zombie Fright Run 5K. Challenging obstacles await as you run, climb, and crawl to the end of the course. After the run, guests can enjoy a day of fun and fright! Participants will receive a Zombie Fright Run 5K, T-Shirt, Medal, and theme park admission. Runners must be 18 or older to participate and must pre-register at http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/events/ZombieRun2012.aspx.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit YMCA of Greater Springfield.
Resurfacing for another spellbinding season are crowd pleasers including Mr. Six’s SpookTacular Street Party, Verdict of Sorcery, Haunting Illusions featuring illusionist David Garrity, Creature Feature and Mayhem Mission: Ghoulish Game Show. For a $1 donation, little ghouls and goblins can collect candy from colorful characters at the Trick-or-Treat Trail sponsored by Big Y. All proceeds raised benefit Six Flags Friends, which supports non-profit organizations throughout New England.
• NEW! Terror Twist (themed ride) - Hold on tight as you will experience a sinking, lurking feeling in the pit of your stomach as the clown misfits of Demon District take control.
• NEW! Demon District - Experience fright by night as guests walk through the dreadfully eerie Demon District where you never know what's lurking behind each turn. Navigate through fiery cauldrons and abandoned industrial buildings without getting trapped by the demons lurking behind every corner; you may become one of their favorite torture toys.
• NEW! Voodoo Vortex (themed ride) - Guests will experience a lurking feeling in the pit of their stomach as they hold on tight in this all-new frightening experience that will send guests whipping, twisting and turning into madness.
• Slayer's Lair - Civilization has encroached upon the spirits of the Blackwater Bayou and those who tempt fate are at risk entering this rogue wilderness. The wretched that have come through before have been condemned to eternity here amongst the dead.
• Midnight Mansion - The Mansion of Lord Vincent Faustus is riddled with secret passages, luxurious dusty rooms, and a gathering of ghouls and ghosts here to celebrate a magnificent live, and even better death.
• Wicked Woods - In the woods along the bank of the river sits a town forgotten by society, until now. After too many tour busses crashed on route 666, the NSO moved in to quarantine the area that is rumored to be rampant with crazed villagers and cursed creatures.
• Area 51- Dare to enter a secret underground base hidden below Six Flags New England that’s become Ground Zero for bloodthirsty aliens looking to rid the Earth of humans. Travel with extreme caution and beware of the intergalactic invasion.
• Tombstone Terrortory - Who says Westerns only take place out west? There has been plenty of gunplay, saloon fights and player pianos right here on the very lot where Six Flags New England now stands. The area is rife with rumors of fallen cowboys.
• Main Street Graveyard - Main Street Graveyard is the rumored home to an ever-growing number of ghosts, ghouls and monsters. Traverse coffins, tombs and other cemetery horrors while visiting the haunted burial ground.
• Showdown at Tombstone Terrortory - Legend has it that many moons ago, the Bandit Brothers were wrongly executed and their ghostly bodies still haunt Tombstone Terrortory each Halloween. However, worry not, as the good Sheriff aims to put these nasty spirits to rest.
• Mort's Used Coffins - Mort is digging up business again, and is looking for prospective clients to be part of the show. Because the only good customer is a dead customer and dead…now that’s just plain living.
• Verdict of Sorcery - The town finally has the mysterious Abigale Dickenson in their capture. Witness justice as she is brought to trial for acts of sorcery and witchcraft....if your eyes and soul can bear it!
• Haunting Illusions - David Garrity performs a wicked magic show to frighten and amaze in this spirit-filled act that is guaranteed to astound. Black magic gathers over Six Flags New England and explodes onto the stage.
• Mayhem Mission: Ghoulish Game Show - The lab is brewing with our Ghoulish Game show as brave souls are sought to bring the master plan to life! Join our scientists for plenty of hands-on excitement and horrifying hilarity in this family production
• NEW! “Hypnosterics Beware!” - You will lose complete control of your mind as you endure frightful hypnosis. This spooky mind-controlling show is only for the brave at heart. Don't fear, your brain will be returned by the end of the show.
NEW! Special Fright Fest microsite:
http://frightfest.sixflags.com/newengland/attractions/ features detailed backstories and descriptions of all the haunted attractions and monstertainment.
Follow Six Flags New England on Facebook for information on upcoming events including:
• Third Annual Fright Fest Red Cross Blood Drive – September 28
• Girl Scouts Costume Contest – September 29
• Crunch a Cockroach Contest – October 6-8
• Zombie Fright Run 5K Sponsored by MGM Springfield – October 13
• JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes – October 14
• Springfield Falcons Meet and Greet – October 21
• Spooktacular Flashmob! – October 21
Season passes for 2013 are on sale at the lowest prices of the year and provide unlimited visits for the rest of 2012, including Fright Fest, and all of 2013. Now through October 28, guests who purchase and process a four-pack of season passes will receive a free upgrade to a gold season pass which grants free admission and parking at any Six Flags Theme Park with every pass. Visit www.sixflags.com for more information.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation:
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company with over $1.0 billion in revenue and 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 50 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.