September 20, 2011
It's Thrills By Day, Fright By Night At Six Flags New England During Fright Fest 2011 Presented By SNICKERS®
Six Flags New England is terrified to announce the most anticipated event at Six Flags, Fright Fest, a frightfully fun festival, weekends in October featuring ghouls, monsters and petrifying fun around every corner. Don’t miss spooktacular shows, gut wrenching rides, hair-standing-on-its-end haunt zones and fun for the little ghouls and goblins. Fright Fest is featured Saturdays and Sunday, October 1- 30, Monday, October 10, October 21 and 28. Please visit sixflags.com for specific operating hours.
Six Flags New England is introducing an all-new terrifying experience….Slayer’s Lair. Only for the brave at heart, wind through 1000 feet of graveyards and passages where the evil Necromancer roams searching for souls. Beware; he is known to rip the souls out of the living to satisfy his thirst. Come in and join the party at Midnight Mansion, a classic haunted house in a mansion riddled with ghouls and ghost celebrating a wonderful life and even better death. Wind through the hidden passages bringing brave guests face-to-face with malicious spirits who still reside in Midnight Mansion. If that is not enough scare time, then take a stroll through the Wicked Woods. Take a tour of this troubled town situated in the woods of Agawam. Be cautious when walking through the graveyards, mine shafts and the asylum….who knows they may need another resident!
Fright Fest is jam-packed with spellbinding shows that will entertain both dead and alive. Dead Legends Live, featuring Elvis, Marilyn, Morrison and more rise from the dead to sing beloved songs with an evil twist. Mayhem Mission, a Ghoulish Game show, with interactive games for the little goblins showcasing all-time favorite games like buried bones, flying goblins and potion points. Back by popular demand Haunting Illusions featuring the master illusionist David Garrity. And for the bone snapping, spine tingling dance of the dead, don’t miss Mr. Six’s Spooktacular Street Party! Trick or Treat Trail is a favorite among the little monsters. A dollar fee takes kiddos through a maze of pirate ships, castles, mine shafts and so much more as they collect candy to satisfy even the strongest of sweet tooth’s. All proceeds from the Trick of Treat Trail benefit Six Flags Friends which supports non-profits throughout New England.
Guests can experience Goliath-sized thrills all season long with a 2012 Season Pass! Buy three (3) 2012 Season Passes today for $59.99, and get one (1) FREE, plus receive one (1) FREE season parking pass. Season passes must be processed by October 30, 2011 to receive FREE parking and can be used for the remainder of the 2011 season. Fright Fest 2011 is included with a 2012 Season Pass. Visit www.sixflags.com.
Special Events Schedule:
• 2nd Annual Fright Fest Blood Drive benefiting the American Red Cross Blood Services. The first 200 presenting blood donors will receive a FREE ticket and a 50% of coupon to visit Fright Fest. The blood drive takes place on September 30 at the Six Flags Human Resources building (located across from the park) from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
• Hero Appreciation Days September 24 – October 2. All military personnel, police officers, fire department, and EMS personnel will receive free admission to the park as a special thank you on September 24, 25, October 1, or 2 when they show their occupational ID. Plus, guests accompanied by a hero receive a kid's price admission ($36.99)!
• Crunch a Cockroach! Can you stomach eating a cockroach? October 8 – 10 watch, if you dare, as contestants compete to eat the most cockroaches with a grand prize of four (4) 2012 season passes.
• Join the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation as they host the 10th annual Walk to Cure Diabetes on October 16. Visit www.walk.jdrf.org
• Follow Six Flags New England on Facebook to learn more about two upcoming costume contest, one pertains to the little ghouls and the second pertains to ghoulish pets
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation:
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company with 2010 revenue of nearly $1.0 billion and 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Six Flags Over Texas, the company's flagship location, is celebrating its 50th anniversary season in 2011.
®/TM trademarks ©Mars, Incorporated 2011