About the "Four Free Tickets
to Six Flags" Offer
You may have recently seen advertisements for "Four Free Tickets to Six Flags" (or "4 Free Six Flags Tickets"). Ads for this offer have appeared on facebook.com, youtube.com, twitter.com, craigslist.com and various other sites. Six Flags is not affiliated with this program, nor is it in any way endorsed by Six Flags. We do not know enough about the program to say whether or not it is a scam, but we do recommend extreme caution to anyone considering participating in the "Four Free Tickets To Six Flags" program or any similar programs.
Facts About The Four Free Tickets to Six Flags Program:
- The program is not affiliated with Six Flags. The Four Free Six Flags Tickets program is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Six Flags. We have not provided tickets for this program, nor do we support the program.
- They are using the Six Flags logo and name without permission. The sponsors of 4 Free Tickets to Six Flags are using the Six Flags logos and trademarks without our permission. We are making every attempt to stop the use of our logo and name.
- To receive the free tickets you must agree to let them sell your private information. When you sign up for 4 Free Tickets to Six Flags, you must provide your personal information including: your name, address, home phone number, cell phone number, credit rating, marital status, date of birth, whether you were ever denied credit, your income, your credit card debt, whether you smoke, your medical condition, whether you have a car and your email address. In the fine print, you'll see when you sign up for Four Free Tickets to Six Flags, you are giving them specific permission and authorization to use your information any way they choose.
- You must agree to receive SMS text message spam. According to the fine print, when you sign up to receive Four Free Tickets to Six Flags, you give them specific permission to send you SMS text messages regardless of whether you are signed up for any "Do Not Call" lists. As stated on the program web site, you can expect to receive: diabetic offers, magazine offers, education offers, debt settlement offers, tax resolution offers, credit repair offers, insurance offers, cruise offers, satellite TV system offers, free product trials, health benefit plans and more.
- You must sign up for 13 different marketing offers. To receive Four Free Tickets to Six Flags you must sign up for 13 different marketing programs. You must also agree to not cancel 11 of the 13 offers for a month. Please note some "reward offers" require you to make a purchase. Some may require you change your cable providers. Others may require you take out a loan.
- It may be months before you receive your tickets. According to the sponsor of this program, before you can qualify to receive Four Free Tickets to Six Flags, they have to receive written confirmation from all thirteen of the marketing reward programs in which you participate. They make no guarantee regarding how long this process will take. Once confirmation is received, they say it will be another 6 to 8 weeks before you receive your prize.
- They may not send you Six Flags tickets. According to the program rules, if you do everything required, they do not have to send you four free Six Flags tickets. They can instead send you a gift card — for any amount and for any company they choose (see section V(A)(4) of the terms and conditions published on the program site).
- People get paid for your participation in this program. The reason you see the Four Free Tickets to Six Flags program posted is because the company operating the program has offered to pay upwards of $1.60 per person for every referral they receive.
- There is no way to cancel your account. Once you sign up for Four Free Tickets to Six Flags, there is no way to cancel your account. So, if you change your mind later and decide you no longer want their special offers, you are unable to opt out of the program.
- They may disqualify you from the program for any reason. Even if you complete all of the requirements needed to earn Four Free Six Flags Tickets, they have the right to disqualify you for any reason they choose. Any reason.
- They do not have a phone number. Or an address. If you have an issue with Four Free Tickets to
Six Flags, there is no direct way to contact them other than to send them a note through their web site.
- If you do not receive your tickets, we are unable to help. If you sign up for Four Free Tickets to
Six Flags and do not receive your tickets — we are unable to help. We have no connection with this company and are unable to contact them.
We believe the Four Free Tickets to Six Flags program is extremely risky. We are unsure if you will receive your free tickets, and we do not know how much money you will ultimately have to spend to get your free tickets. We recommend that you stay away from this and similar programs.