The Dentyne Pure's Ride with Confidence Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Dentyne Pure’s Ride with Confidence Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of 47 of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (FL excluded), who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees agents, representatives, officers and directors of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. (“Sponsor”), Kraft Foods Global, Inc., and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members or members of the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. By entering the Promotion, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Florida and where prohibited
2. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Six Flags Theme Parks Inc., 924 Avenue J East,
Grand Prairie, TX 75050.
3. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 9:00:00 A.M. ET on 7/18/2011 and ends at
11:59:59 P.M. ET on 8/14/2011 (the “Promotion Period”). For the purpose of this Promotion, each day will begin at 12:00:00 AM (Midnight) ET and end at 11:59:59 PM ET.
4. How to Enter During the Promotion Period: To enter the Promotion, visit www.sixflags.com/dentynesweeps and complete the online registration form as required. Entries will be subject to standard Internet access and usage charges imposed by your Internet service provider. Limit one entry per person/email address per day. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. Entries must be complete to be eligible. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M. ET on 8/14/2011.
5. Conditions for Participation and Validation of Entries: Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO ENTER AND/OR OTHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY METHODS (SUCH AS HACKS OR BOTS), REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, and block or discard all entries from any individual who enters by any kind of electronic, mechanical or other automated means or otherwise tampers with or hacks the entry process as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion in the event of a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failure or disruption, force majeure or any other cause which, in its sole opinion, corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion and award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified.
6. Random Drawing: One (1) winner will be randomly selected on or about August 26, 2011, from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions will be final on all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The prize will be awarded and the winner will be notified by telephone, mail or email in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize.
7. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A 3-day/2-night trip for two to the domestic Six Flags theme park (the “Park”) nearest the winner’s home as agreed upon by Sponsor. Grand Prize winner must be able to visit Park on or before October 31, 2011. Trip includes standard hotel accommodations for two (2) (one room, double occupancy), two (2) two-day passes to the Park nearest the winner’s home as agreed upon by Sponsor, two (2) front-of-the-line coaster passes, and one (1) $500 cash prize awarded in the form of a check for winner only. Trip must be fulfilled by
October 31, 2011 or will be forfeited. The ARV of the Grand Prize is USD $1,200. Actual retail value of Grand Prize trip may vary due to winner's residence and hotel rates at time of travel. Grand Prize winner is responsible for transportation to/from the Park and hotel. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and hotel accommodations may not qualify for reward program points. If Grand Prize winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, the Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be his/her parent or legal guardian. Travel companion of Grand Prize winner (or their parents/legal guardians if travel companion is a minor in his/her state of residence) must complete, sign and return a Liability Release and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release prior to issuance of travel documents. Grand Prize winner and his/her traveling companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID) in order to travel. All travel must be completed on dates specified by Sponsor. Certain restrictions may apply. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, food, beverages, taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, and transportation to/from hotel/home residence are the winner's sole responsibility. Limit: one prize per person. In the event a winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian who must accompany minor on trip. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for the closing of the Park, rides or entertainment shows as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, due to acts of God, fire, floods, storms, weather conditions, natural disasters, explosions, accidents, epidemics, public health issues or threat thereof, war, act or threat of terrorist activity, emergency, civil disorder, days of national mourning, failure of facilities or equipment, strikes, lockouts, or other labor difficulties, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action, adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state, or local government authority or other cause whether or not specifically mentioned above, and in such event the Grand Prize will be awarded without the affected elements on the same itinerary. If the Park, rides or entertainments shows are closed during the travel dates, Promotion Entities will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof and reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a different prize of equal or greater value. Promotion Entities are only responsible for delivery of Grand Prize; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Promotion Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred in connection with cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or other acts or omissions whatsoever by air carriers, hotel or other third parties providing any prize services and accommodations. By entering this Promotion and accepting a prize, winner and travel companions agree that Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and remove the winner and/or travel companions from any activity at any time if the winner’s and/or travel companions’ actions at any point may or do cause damage to person, property or the reputation of any of the Promotion Entities.
8. Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone by Sponsor, who will make ONLY three (3) attempts to contact the potential Grand Prize winner live by phone (no messages will be left) at the phone number provided online within 24 hours from the time winner selection is completed. If Sponsor is unable to reach the potential Grand Prize winner live via phone within this time frame, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected, if time permits. If potential winner is deemed ineligible for any reason on the phone call, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected, if time permits. The potential Grand Prize winner (or the parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to execute and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and/or publicity release (where legal) within three (3) days of attempted notification. Affidavit package will be sent to the potential Grand Prize winner via e-mail/facsimile and/or overnight mail with a pre-paid overnight return envelope included. If prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
9. General Conditions: By entering, entrants fully and unconditionally agree and accept to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final. Except where prohibited, each winner grants to the Promotion Entities the right to use, and publish his or her proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state without additional compensation. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond their control that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Promotion generally. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by their participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all such liability. The Promotion Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion. PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES, OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO ENTER THE PROMOTION OR A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES SUCH THAT YOUR ENTRY IS NOT RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. THE PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRY NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Promotion, if at the sole discretion of Sponsor, such person shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or acts (1) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or their agents or representatives; or (2) in any other disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
10. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in New York, New York; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New York for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of New York, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. Release: By entering or participating in the Promotion, each participant (and each minor participant’s parents and legal guardians on behalf of themselves and on behalf of the minor participant) forever and irrevocably RELEASES, DISCHARGES, INDEMNIFIES AND HOLDS HARMLESS, each of the Promotion Entities, and the employees, officers, directors, owners, representatives, agents, heirs, successors, assigns and insurers of each of them (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (collectively, “Losses”), arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the participant’s entry and/or participation in the Promotion, participant’s preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize- or Promotion-related activity, and/or the participant’s receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, any Losses caused or alleged to be CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE of any Releasee. The foregoing release includes, without limitation, any and all LIABILITY, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE to participants or any third party arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from any prize or the use of any prize, the award, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and entry and participation in the Promotion, any Promotion activities or any prize activities. Each participant further COVENANTS NOT TO SUE any of the Releasees with respect to any matter addressed by the foregoing release, or encourage or assist any third party in doing so. This is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights of each participants against the Releasees and no action will be taken by or on behalf of a participant with respect to any such claims and rights, it being understood that these Official Rules, including this Section 11, shall be binding upon each participants, and his/her successors, assignees, subrogors, insurers, heirs, next of kin, executors, representatives, and legal and personal representatives.
13. Winners' List: For the name of the winner, available after August 30, 2011, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 31, 2011 to: Dentyne Pure Sweeps Winner, Six Flags Theme Parks Inc., 924 Avenue J East (Attn: LS), Grand Prairie, TX 75050.